Front valence

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
rocco robin
fill in the right answer: 10

Front valence

Post by rocco robin »

Ok want to take the front valence off and sand down and paint the front panel,how does it come off and do you have to take off the kit from the wings ?

Nate

Re: Front valence

Post by Nate »

I found hitting a badger at high speed quite an effective way of removing it

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
rocco robin

Post by rocco robin »

Ooow didn't think off that will try a fox I can get my hands on one of them

Nate

Post by Nate »

from memory, just pop the screw covers off and it comes off quite easy. you may find the heads are rotted so you cant grip them. to sort this, i have been known to just prise the plastic off, then use big penny washers when refitting [/redneck]

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
Rascal
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Rascal »

Very simple, 2 big plastic caps, ping them off to reveal the screws, remove them, mine were okay to come out with abit of wd-40, then underneath there is 6 (from memory) screws along the bottom, take all them out and it will come off in your hands, wings don't need to come off, I had the bumper off when I took it of / back on but I don't think it will be in the way, only 4 bolts if it is. You might need vies grips to hole the white plastic square things in place to remove some of the screws as afew of mine were just spinning with the screw :)