Dash heater control lights mk2

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
scirocco_ne
fill in the right answer: 15

Dash heater control lights mk2

Post by scirocco_ne »

Could some kind Sir or Madam please tell me where the bolts are hidden to remove the heater control section.

Our bulbs are all bust minus one and i finally have some to fit :)

Thanks
Mick

Blueshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Dash heater control lights mk2

Post by Blueshark »

scirocco_ne wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 am Could some kind Sir or Madam please tell me where the bolts are hidden to remove the heater control section.

Our bulbs are all bust minus one and i finally have some to fit :)

Thanks
Mick

No bolts or screws. just remove the controll buttonsand the swictch knob and pull out the panel on either side with your fingers :-D

Joost

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

There is 2 types of heater control panel, early type has a bulb which you can remove by pulling it out of its holder and the later type the bulb is built into the control panel, you can change it but you need to carefully split the panel open to gain access the the bulb..

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
scirocco_ne
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by scirocco_ne »

mark1gls wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:05 pm There is 2 types of heater control panel, early type has a bulb which you can remove by pulling it out of its holder and the later type the bulb is built into the control panel, you can change it but you need to carefully split the panel open to gain access the the bulb..
Mine was replaceable but i didnt have any so butchered the unit to take a dolls house bulb soldered in :D... Now her dolls house conservatory is abit more mood lit lol