1982 mk2 build

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 1982 mk2 build

Post by mark1gls »

Mk1 Scirocco back home then, garage extension next on the list?

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
mark watson
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by mark watson »

think garage is big enough , will get the mk2 done to match the colour of the mk1 , picked up a set off15 inch bbs for the mk1 same style as the mk2 .
but might let them go as a set , the wife is after a s-line q5 , and 6 vehicles with only 2 drivers is to much

james butler

Post by james butler »

hey mark rather than cut coils did you try removing the helper springs first?
i will have to do the same with my weitechs

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
mark watson

Post by mark watson »

didnt want to leave them out james , i found out long time back when i had a set of koni's built for my ldv ( mazda 323 2l 16v turbo ) they did not have the helpers and when you hit sort of a big bump the coils would become loose and float around a bit and sometimes did not seat again , would have to jack it up and put them back in place, bit nerve racking at times
i removed 1 coil and it sat nicely with the 17's

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

pulling my hair out , and do not have much , trying to get the parts shipped back this side , when you say windscreen they turn their noses up , have now spoken to the guys at pilks this side and see if they will get me one , but they will only buy out from the agents ( but dont know if they still sell them )
the rest i will just get posted as per normal post ( lights / raintray / dash / door cards )

chris - i am getting the ecu and bits and bobs together for you , new 1 was launched and is the bees knees , even comes with a 2 inch lcd display for everything on the motor.

james - i will get new prices on the clutch kits and see what they will cost to chris's place

mr alpine92

Post by mr alpine92 »

mark watson wrote:pulling my hair out , and do not have much , trying to get the parts shipped back this side , when you say windscreen they turn their noses up , have now spoken to the guys at pilks this side and see if they will get me one , but they will only buy out from the agents ( but dont know if they still sell them )
the rest i will just get posted as per normal post ( lights / raintray / dash / door cards )

chris - i am getting the ecu and bits and bobs together for you , new 1 was launched and is the bees knees , even comes with a 2 inch lcd display for everything on the motor.

james - i will get new prices on the clutch kits and see what they will cost to chris's place
hi mark hope you good,i see you having trouble getting the windscreen over to you,if i can help this said let me no,i be soon butting engine in im just working on it and paint it up,no worrys about clutchs just let us no if you send more over mark i mite have another for me other rocco ;-)

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

thx chris

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

thx to chris getting bits and bobs sorted to post out ( dash / door cards / lights front and rear / raintrays from joost )
gave up trying to ship the windscreen , so got hold of pilks and they are sending 1 airfreight ( bronze tint ) 570 quid which i can live with
rocco going in for paint next week , jumped the gun a bit on covering the seats with a brown leather and when the carpet pitched from newtons i am not happy with the colour combo , so going to change seats and the rest to a cream colour leather with suede inserts , so there will be a full set of covers in brown up for grabs. ( pics somewhere on this topic )
gotta lay low for a while as hobbling on crutches as ankle got dislocated on site not watching where i was walking. stupid bugger at 48 years old these things are not good for the body
and to top it off the deal with the mk1 fell through as the guy kept pushing the price up , he was eventually up to 85k ( over 5000 quid )

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

oops , have not updated for quite a while , did go through messages i received and responded , will look into another batch of clutch mechanism's again ( with modded link ) for the scirocco's. only thing ive done is build a trolley to move it around easier.
but big thx to a lot of guys over your side - chris / joost / seb / james / will / sean and a lot of others , got quite a few packages so pretty much have everything to assemble once painted

but had to get my hyundai v8 truck running first

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

ok good news made a deal with a friend that has a pro panel shop and he will paint the rocco for me doing a wiring harness for his 1uz fe , bargain can almost do them in my sleep

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

been a while but finally into paint , cant wait

mark watson

Post by mark watson »

painting done , now the hard stuff begins - assembly

Bill

Post by Bill »

Wow Lovely.

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

I do like that colour, what colour is it?. :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
mark watson

Post by mark watson »

champagne gold , a colour i think from the mk1 era