Got bit giddy with stripes. What yous reckon?

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
roccodave
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Got bit giddy with stripes. What yous reckon?

Post by roccodave »

i dont think it looks right on the front but then i hate standard fogs
the bonnet protector in red insulation tape would look better i think
allso i think take the red off and redo it all yellow without the lower strip on the grill redo the top bit tho and get a gt11 badge and put it on the grill where a storm badge goes in the corner
just an idea bud it may work it may be realy bad depends how long it took you to do

Junglist

Post by Junglist »

eamon1.3 wrote:Exhaust looks well, no coment on the other aditions :( Stop sticking tape on things and start polishing your pasenger side!!
I've polished the car to death. There's hardly any laquer left and the paint's worn through on a lot of the angles and edges. I can't afford a respray. :crying:
roccodave wrote:i dont think it looks right on the front but then i hate standard fogs
the bonnet protector in red insulation tape would look better i think
allso i think take the red off and redo it all yellow without the lower strip on the grill redo the top bit tho and get a gt11 badge and put it on the grill where a storm badge goes in the corner
just an idea bud it may work it may be realy bad depends how long it took you to do
I've gone off the fogs myself but they're hiding some roughness. Like the GTII badge on grille idea. Not sure if I want yellow on the wheels and grille though.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

I like the wheels and grille. Maybe paint the eyebrow spoiler red too?
Not too keen on the Yellow rears tho, they look different and wel done, but look abit strange i think on a red car.

1991 Wide Arched Rieger Scirocco.....

Good things come to those who wait!!!!
Junglist

Post by Junglist »

I'm changing them slightly. Got hold of a different yellow to colourmatch the number plate. The idea's to create a band of one colour across the back, so I'm trying to blend them in with the reg plate. Hopefilly a long stripe of uniform colour will look nicer than a block of yellow plonked in the middle, which is how a number plate normally looks.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage
YEAH

Post by YEAH »

LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

flippin' awesome, was it just paint on the raised areas? did you use one of those "hard" paint rollers or was it more involved?

twin dellorto 40's
black sebring's
stripped rear
Junglist

Post by Junglist »

Striping tape. I've got a good supplier if you want some. Any colour. £9 should be enough to do both lights. Takes about an hour to do, two at most if you're shaky!

ImageImage
YEAH

Post by YEAH »

ah good work. im ok for striping tape but i may have a go at my lights with a hard paint roller, to bring out the lines.

obviously testing it out first with water based paints before i ruin the lights.....

twin dellorto 40's
black sebring's
stripped rear
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

yeah loose the eyebrow spoiler and get polishing

stu.gtx

Post by stu.gtx »

I quite like the rear lights. Not too keen on the front grill tho.

jabasco

Post by jabasco »

i was not sure about the grill at first, but i am starting to like it now......nice one!!!

Nate

Post by Nate »

Junglist wrote:That "bonnet protector strip" is just electrical insulation tape! Difficult to keep straight as it's stretchy. Needs a steady and patient hand. I put it on to cover all the rust spots on the lip. Might try it in red.
i had a good look at the pics and hadn't even noticed it until i read it LOL

love the wheels, the lights look good-ish, i'm just not so sure about the colour. not sure about the grille though. maybe if it was in yellow?

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
chadwick

Post by chadwick »

eamon1.3 wrote:Exhaust looks well, no coment on the other aditions :( Stop sticking tape on things and start polishing your pasenger side!!
:chortle:
Yup, if you've got that much spare time on your hands - get the t-cut out...

Junglist

Post by Junglist »

As i said earlier, I've t-cutted the car to death! There's almost no lacquer left and the paint's worn through to primer in a few places. I need to save up for a full respray but it'll take me a while to get £1800 together. Is that OK with you? Ha ha.

ImageImage
Junglist

Post by Junglist »

"YEAH" - did you ever get the hard roller on your rear lights? Any pics? Would love to know if it worked as the odd corner of tape is beginning to peel slightly on mine. I'm either going to paint some kind of laquer over it to "fix" it, or re-do it with paint like your idea.

ImageImage
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Many moons ago, years in fact when I painted my rear light clusters on my havanabrown Storm (in Havanabrown naturally :hugegrin: ) I initially triedthis job with a hard roller, and had mixed results. On some spots the paint still ran into the ridges, where I then had to patiently remove it again.

Later I repainted the clusters again, simply with a fine brush, patient job, but it does work, and in my book still is the best solution.

Tempest

My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager