GTII 16v Conversion

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
G Beats
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: GTII 16v Conversion

Post by G Beats »

Nice looking sweet.

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
Cookie-101

Post by Cookie-101 »

Cheers budy, its taken a while. This is a classic example of do not set yourself a deadline to get it done. I initially planned to do this in 2 weeks, man i could not have been more wrong.

Cookie-101
G Beats

Post by G Beats »

Thats ok :buddy: you are welcome , how right you are in what say as in how long it takes ours been on going for years even know she was still quite a bit to do even know we brought her in 2004 and she was off the road since december 2006 cuss we brought another rocco gt 2 different model to scarlet and we only got her back on the road march this year, and we have some her spray painted but not a very good job and all so he should spray pained both sides of our car not just the bonnet , passaner side wing and door , he meaing our meachnic, you seen our project on here ?

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
Cookie-101

Post by Cookie-101 »

Yeah, i have seen your project. Very tidy looking car.

Cookie-101
G Beats

Post by G Beats »

Cookie-101 wrote:Yeah, i have seen your project. Very tidy looking car.
ok great many thanx we found a very good sprayer with good price hopefully going to get her done soon.

Cookie-101

Post by Cookie-101 »

Just did another trip from Dorset to Derby and i cannot belive how much power this engine delivers, it pulls like a train when i put my foot down doing 90 on the motorway in 5th up a hill. Just one thing though, im only running one high pressure fuel pump with no swirl pot, im getting fuel stavartion issues when the fuel get below 1/4 of a tank (air is getting in the system when i go round corners).

Anyone got a lift pump and/or a swirlpot they want to sell cheap?

Cookie-101
Cookie-101

Post by Cookie-101 »

It's been a while since I got anything done on the car besides fetting a new battery. I've now got the bits I need for the fuel system to stop the fuel starvation when the tank gets low:

Swirl Pot:
DSC00646 by Cookie-101, on Flickr

Low pressure pump to feed swirl pot:
DSC00647 by Cookie-101, on Flickr

Been using the car quite alot and hell does it go :hugegrin:

Cookie-101
MrD

Post by MrD »

Where did you get your exhaust manifold from sir ?
Loving your hard work !

6 point cage,Koni`s,lower front brace,rear brace,goodridge hoses,4,2,1,supersprint back box,k+n,kent gs2h,vernier,skimmed and ported head,alloy fuel tank.catch tank,Short shift ,9A soon.
Cookie-101

Post by Cookie-101 »

Got the exhaust manifold from DUBpower:

http://dubpower.co.uk/Exhaust%20manifolds.HTM

We weren't too sure if it was going to fit a Scirocco and the guy said if it didnt fit they would give me my money back, they were very helpful.

Cookie-101
Cookie-101

Post by Cookie-101 »

It's been a very long time since I've been on here and far too long since I’ve driven the Scirocco.
Long story short I had a rather bad backfire caused by a dodgy earth to the megasquirt which blew a gasket somewhere as the revs immediately went through the roof, I assumed the worst and parked the car up and bought a MK2 Golf GTI, this was October 2011.

I had fun with the Golf but it was never the same, I decided around the same time last year (oct 2012) to take a look at the Scirocco and found that it was just the throttle body gasket that had blown. I replaced the gasket and the Scirocco fired into life with a normal idle speed! It was so simple! I took this opportunity to replace the wiring for the ECU and do it all properly this time, there was no rush this time.

The MOT + Tax has just run out of the Golf so it was sold. The Scirocco is going back on the road. Gave it a quick once over and it needs a new CV boot and a reversing light switch. I hope to get it MOT'd next week so that I can enjoy the 16 valve power once again.

Updates to follow soon.

Cookie-101
Cookie-101

Post by Cookie-101 »

Changed the nearside CV boot over the weekend and she is now ready for an MOT, booked in for Thursday.
Been out this morning with the Meguiar's Deep Crystal system paint cleaner and the oxidized pinkishness is looking a lot better. Just got the polish and wax stages left now.

Wish me luck for Thursday.

Cookie-101
Roxylife

Post by Roxylife »

:vcool:

Motorsport is my passion.
Cookie-101

Post by Cookie-101 »