Fitment Of Rocker Cover

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
G Beats
fill in the right answer: 10

Fitment Of Rocker Cover

Post by G Beats »

Hi can anybody help me off here? iam trying to find out if a Polished G60 Rocker Cover will fit a dx engine 1800 8v injection this is what i know so far--
Apparently it will fit if you can attach a Mk2 Golf Gti throttle cable clip to the top.

many thanx.

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
Ryan

Re: Fitment Of Rocker Cover

Post by Ryan »

geebeats wrote:this is what i know so far--
Apparently it will fit if you can attach a Mk2 Golf Gti throttle cable clip to the top.
Seems like you've answered your own question :?

Octavia elegance kombi TDI
G Beats

Post by G Beats »

ok great many thanx Ryan it is very appreciated.

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
Col

Post by Col »

seeing as the carb engine doesnt need a throttle cable bracket, does that mean a gt2 will take the rocker cover without any mods? i was just going to paint my rocker cover..... but a polished one would be lurvely. (i'm assuming the ex and dx engines use pretty much the same head?)

G Beats

Post by G Beats »

ok i take this Mk2 Golf Gti throttle cable clip is the clip that holds the throttle cable onto the throttle body iam all so putting a 2 litre Audi throttle body onto her hope this does not effect the fitment ? many thanx all those who can help us on here it is more then appreciated.