carb engine onto injection loom... Help please!

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
fonzooorooo
fill in the right answer: 10

carb engine onto injection loom... Help please!

Post by fonzooorooo »

Having rolled mk GTII (!)last Wednesday, I'm well on with re-shelling it into a late scala shell. Proper, complete re-shell... headlining and all! and before I start with trial and error,(or tracing it thrugh in the Haynes spaghetti nightmare) I'm wondering if anyone knows what connectors I need to be putting where... (connector and wire colours)

So far...
I've got lights, heater, interior and boot lights, starter and alternator look right but not checked, (there's an extra 2 black wires into a single spade plug on the loom here... do i connect, or leave off?) the wipers and washers work, presumably horn works(not checked that yet though) ... so it's just the actual connections to the engine itself left as far as I can see.

Also, I've had to splice in a new headlight switch... and the repeater on the dash works the opposite way round to the lights (repeater on when lights are dipped, off when on full beam) ... any ideas which to swap over?

All info greatfully received!

Jay4424

Re: carb engine onto injection loom... Help please!

Post by Jay4424 »

i bet the repeater is one of them wires which are the same (white and blue, 2 off. yellow and black, 2 off... theres a few int there!) ... chocolate block all the way till every thign works right :yup:

plug things in where you thing they go, then see whats left. if nothing brillant, if somethign then look as to what it is!

..I'll be over at 5 to have a look :buddy:

Jay.

'85 Mk2 GT 1.6 carb. 4+E box, loads of goodies (elecy things!)
GT2 trailer (with the Fon-zooroo!!!)
'52 BSA A10
'37 72' wooden narrow boat
'03 Suzuki GSX1400
Jay4424

Re: carb engine onto injection loom... Help please!

Post by Jay4424 »

...but if anyone else has any smart comments that may help us (when either, or both of us get stucked) please say!

'85 Mk2 GT 1.6 carb. 4+E box, loads of goodies (elecy things!)
GT2 trailer (with the Fon-zooroo!!!)
'52 BSA A10
'37 72' wooden narrow boat
'03 Suzuki GSX1400