Engine Transplant ??

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
will--i--am

Engine Transplant ??

Post by will--i--am »

Hello looking to upgrade my 1800 gt2 with a modern engine, anyone have any ideas of a conversion which is easy and cheap lol

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Engine Transplant ??

Post by GTXTRA »

Serial Rocco-ist.........
windstorm
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Engine Transplant ??

Post by windstorm »

hi, firstly what are you going to be using your car for ? and what do you want to run carbs or injection ? this bears a lot on cost! i've just completed a 2.0 8v running a lynx crossover manifold (i can still get these new) with a single 45 dcoe weber carb, standard exhaust manifold and down pipe, standard exhaust, really sounds nice, pulls like a train and revs to around 9000 rpm. The cost for the engine block £100, gti head (no external water port) £50, second hand carb £100, new lynx inlet manifold £150, carb fitting kit £25, throttle linkage £45 part made by myself, use's org. throttle cable, can use org. fuel pump or facet solid state electric for an extra £50, good filter £8
so for £500 you have a nice engine, you could add later a s/s 4 into 1 exhaust manifold £80 - £100 on ebay second hand.
(the price doubles for a 16valve engine on carbs as does a 2.0 crossflow on carbs)