sub boxes

In car entertainment: stereo; speakers; portable devices etc
fonzooorooo
fill in the right answer: 10

sub boxes

Post by fonzooorooo »

Very handy bit of speaker box design software I've come across: Called WinISD http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?download=winisd
Loads of drivers listed by manufacturer and model number including loads of Alpine, Pioneer, Earthquake... Has a box size calculator (dimensions - not just internal volume!) And even a signal generator which does slow sweeps over frequency ranges of your choice - handy if you want to find resonances, or just check for a flat response.

All you need then is a driver, a sheet of MDF and a dry weekend!

Funky Diver

Re: sub boxes

Post by Funky Diver »

fonzooorooo wrote: and a dry weekend!
Or a wife to bugger off out for five hours to give you chance to do it in the lounge and clear up before she gets home :D

Thanks for the link fella, for sure it'll do one thing and hopefully allow me to design a box that's gonna fit under the passenger seat :ok:

Junglist

Post by Junglist »

that's ambitious isn't it? Why not just use some of the plentiful boot space, although i'd love to see how you do it if you go down the under seat route.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage
Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

It is... but then I'm looking at using Pioneer speakers and general kit all round.

The sub I'm looking at is http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/13 ... index.html that one.

When I figure out the program (no really, it's a whole new adventure for me, kinda like the first time I went to birthing classes with the wife!) and get hte dimensions of hte seats I'm looking at, I'll kinda know what space I have to spare and whether it'll fit or not.

My rationalé for going under the seat is that I want a completely clean boot and not have to worry about putting stuff in there, plus it means that once I've got the sub doing it's thing, it'll continue to perform the same regardless of what I do in other parts of the car.

There is also the upward vibrations on the passenger seat if the opportunity ever arises, haha, but you never know, we may finally find a baby sitter that the wife approves of ;)