4-2-1 manifold

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Whitescala89
fill in the right answer: 10

4-2-1 manifold

Post by Whitescala89 »

Hi guys i have on order a hottuning 4-2-1 stainless manifold. A few questions. Will this fit my supersprint system? I am thinking of fitting this with my dad. Is this something we can do together? would it mean taking the head off?? Dont want to do that. what do you think? Thanks matt

MikeH
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 4-2-1 manifold

Post by MikeH »

The manifolds I've fitted were fiddly, but you can get them on without removing the head (an Ashley and a Supersprint so far)

I had to take the lower strut brace off, and undo the long driveshaft to move it out of the way. You might not have to do that, but don't be surprised if you do.

1992 Scala ABF - SOLD
1989 Scala track toy. Dormant
1986 GTX - Lunar mileage but still a good un
Mk1 Classic Touring Car Project...slowly does it
1984 1.6 GT Project. 69k In progress
1.6GL. 2 Owners, 60k. SOLD
1.6 GL - 100k miles -Back on the road!