can any one shed any light one this?

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
RoccoGuy
fill in the right answer: 10

can any one shed any light one this?

Post by RoccoGuy »

i've just broken a mk2 golf 16v and planned to use some of the parts on my scirocco but when i tried to fit the brakes the carriers were know where near fitting to the rocco hubs and the calipers wouldn't fit on the rocco carriers. i was under the impression that the mk2 16v used VWII calipers that should fit on to the rocco carriers? although the calipers from this 16v ain't VWII ones, they are VAG but are stamped with the name Girling.

can any one clear this up for me? some one has suggested they could be 280mm ones from the mk3 VR6.

cheers for any help, Guy.

GTXTRA

Re: can any one shed any light one this?

Post by GTXTRA »

Serial Rocco-ist.........
skattrd

Re: can any one shed any light one this?

Post by skattrd »

As far as I'm aware 16v calipers need adapters to fit 'rocco's ....

I bought a set of these calipers and adapters a while ago off another forum - the adapters were available off ebay, but not cheap