**SOLD** 1988 Mk2 Scala 1.8 8v auto £2950 Stoke-on-Trent

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
kidcrewbob
fill in the right answer: 15

**SOLD** 1988 Mk2 Scala 1.8 8v auto £2950 Stoke-on-Trent

Post by kidcrewbob »

Model: 1.8 8V Scala auto
Year: 1988
Mileage: 87.5k
MOT: to Sep 2025
Current owner: Yes
V5 present: Yes
Price: £2950
Contact Details: PM or via Facebook Marketplace
Additional Information:
1988 Mk2 Scirocco Scala 1.8 8v automatic in original Sapphire Blue and Dove Grey interior. 12 months MOT with no advisories. Very low genuine mileage at 87k.

I have owned this car for over 5 years driving c.3k dry miles only - it has had the following components replaced during this period :-

- automatic box and torque converter (note this was new old-stock and NOT refurbed or recon)
- full custom stainless steel exhaust with performance 4-2-1 down pipe also in stainless steel
- new driveshafts, UJs and gaiters
- new brake-lines front to back
- new battery
- new starter motor
- set of fully reconditioned snowflake alloys with new Pirellis - zero kerbing
- new replacement fuel tank (see pic)
- new replacement fuel filler pipe
- new fuel lines
- cam belt and adjuster, 2k mile ago
- Weber 32/34 DTML service kit rebuild and air filter and choke cable
- full oil service, with new pump
- new fuel pump
- 4 x new JBL speakers and period Blaupunkt Montreal radio fitted (NO cuts in the parcel shelf)

The car starts easily and runs very well with a pleasing exhaust note and zero smoke and zero oil leaks - all 4 cylinders are c.180 PSI compression (see pics) and it pulls very well indeed.

The interior is in great condition for its age and barring the usual driver seat bolster wear and tear (quoted 150 to fix - original material is available) there is no sagging in the headline, the factory tilt & slide sunroof is fully operational and is completely water-tight. NO cracks in dash-board.

The mileage is genuine, the original elderly lady who owned bought it new from Royals of Cheshire (Wilmslow) in August 1988 had it up to about c.70k and had a FSH in its early years but unfortunately this went missing. Nice that it still has the original dealership plates!

Despite its 11 previous owners, 4 of those were the same family who shuffled it about - the last 3 or 4 owners before me failed to address the main problem of rust flakes in the fuel tank - indeed, I wasted 6 months trying to address the intermittant misfire until I opened up the tank to see how bad it was - the rust was from holes in the fuel filler pipe so this all got replaced and the car has run perfectly every since!

I am really sad to see this go but I have another project car and a bike that needs attention so need the space (and the reduction in earache from she who must be obeyed!).

Comes with a boot-full of new spares still to be fitted - pair of new wish-bones / lower arms, front wheel hubs and bearings, brake dust shield, ball-joints and control rods / bearings. Scala decals and a set of used rubber side stripes etc.

The bodywork is amazing for it's age and the underside is solid and the main areas such as door jambs, bonnet hinges and other areas in great condition however there are a few areas of corrosion around the plate lights in the hatchback (repairable) and passenger door - again, repairable as door is in otherwise excellent shape.

Indeed, the bodywork needs attention as I have focussed mainly on the mechanics and also been reluctant to have it resprayed with it having so much excellent original paintwork remaining - maybe a decision for the new owner.

Inspection welcome in ST4 Stoke on Trent - 5 mins from J15 M6. Thanks for looking.

Pictures: See Facebook Marketplace -

Code: Select all

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1090373845811849
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImage