foolish loss of a MK2

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
iroberts696
fill in the right answer: 10

foolish loss of a MK2

Post by iroberts696 »

A sorry tale of how I lost my mk2 G462 DVP – MK 2 Scirocco to a Cambridge garage

In January of 2016, while I was working in Cambridge, Chris ( Motorworld Cambridge ) undertook to respray the Scirocco and various other sundry works, this was to be completed prior to my leaving Cambridge at the end of Feb 2016. However the vehicle was un-ready at the time of my leaving , the Audi being provided on a temporary basis in leiu.

The scirocco was returned to me in mid march, full payment having been made by me, but found to be in very poor condition, ( laughable paint job, overspray on the interior, oil overfilled by 2.5 litres, fuel line cable tied to handbrake cable provoking leakage, … ) Chris apologised for this and agreed to do remedial works. After numerous false starts the scirocco was returned to Chris in mid May of 2016 the audi again being provided in leiu.

The audi is in poor cosmetic condition, having a rat / mad max look with rust patches and cracks where filler has been applied. Chris offered me the audi for the sum of £1000 . In July the audi sustained minor damage to the wing and a scratch on the glove box. I notified Chris immediately and after sending photographs , Chris estimated the damage @ £880 I offered to pay Chris for the damage and this appeared to be accepted.

When the scirocco had not been returned by September ( numerous false starts at its return) I requested that , an MOT be done, apparently 2 new tyres were required for it to pass. Subsequently Chris claims to have made several more attempts to return the scirocco each failed, ( electrical failure I supplied new fuse box, no fault accident in transit repairs to wing and driver door ) . In December I was told that the scirocco had reached Glasgow but due to a failed oil pump causing a dry valve to damage a cylinder the scirocco had been taken back to Cambridge and would require an engine rebuild, I agreed to pay for this and sent spare engine.

In january I attempted to tax the scirocco only to find that that no MOT was showing, was told not to worry as there was paper copy . Chris would bring the scirocco to me on his recovery vehicle, however on nearing Glasgow the recovery vehicle developed an electrical problem , making the winch inoperable , hence the scirocco could not be removed, after many stories , (a 7 day deadline given by me and missed) , I was told that the whole lot was back in Cambridge and the audi would now be £1200 if I wanted to buy it.

On Monday 20 Feb, Chris told me that he had reached Glasgow with the scirocco on his recovery vehicle and that I would have variously have it back soon , within the hour, definitely have it this morning .. This has continued all week. ( Chris told me he would be staying in a local hotel with his wife till Friday)

When the car had not been returned by Thursday evening, despite a call @ 15.00 that it was an hour away. At this point I gave up on the whole thing instructed my lawyer to inform Chris that he could keep the car and remove his Audi.

This was accepted , his driver collected the Audi on Sunday morning, the driver informed me that none of the attempted returns had in fact taken place and that nothing had been done on the scirocco in Cambridge.

I now have a 2010 MK 3, nice car but ... I have now heard that the scirocco is on the market

You don't understand Newton's Third Law of Motion?
It's not rocket science, you know

BlackGTX
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: foolish loss of a MK2

Post by BlackGTX »

well thats sounds like fraud. contact the police and tell them your story, he made things dificualt on purpose to get the car from you

either way he wont want the police looking into his buosnes deals

tell them to track down the guy who colleceted the audi to confirm

still in your name?

essextom

Post by essextom »

You've been royally screwed there.

BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

seriously, get the the police to look into it and find proof of works carried out and all his claims

if nothing elese it puts him on their radar for dodgy trading

iroberts696

Post by iroberts696 »

I doubt police would be interested, civil matter, not exactly easy to do things with Cambridge police from Glasgow, my word against his ( txt messages I have them all ) it would seem have no standing, driver Trevor in his 70s possibly unreliable as he works for the garage .

Signed it over , time to cut my losses as no obvious route to get it back in any useful state. Citizens advice were fun , phoned was told would get call back, visited in person was told to phone as garage in England and even if citizens advice did report to trading standards ( a slow and difficult process ) it would just be another black mark against the trader, no action to be taken until there are lots ...

Trying to console myself with the MK3, comfortable, dry , less thirsty, no doubt safer but feels very soft and easy drive ...

You don't understand Newton's Third Law of Motion?
It's not rocket science, you know

BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

maybe so but no harm shaking things up, hell be doing this to someone else

scrappy1382

Post by scrappy1382 »

the big issue you have is you allowed him to keep the car and for him to collect the audi. so technically its his. as bad as it sounds , he now has every right to do whatever he wishes to it. very very naughty and heartbreaking.
the only thing you could do , would be to buy the car yet again and once paperwork of car is in your name, then consider going down solicitors and trading standards with all accounts of this matter. ( its going to be a very long case so be prepared to consider years ) i noticed the fact the collect/drop off driver mentioned no attempts were ever made ? would he be willing to make a statement for your solicitor ?...

i wish you all the best in this matter and get an outcome you want.

Scirocco Shane
84 cosmos blue storm - mafia car choice 2015 rip :-(
84 Havanna Brown Storm - 8-)
Lukeh17

Post by Lukeh17 »

Disgusting behaviour from the guy!! Clearly has no idea what he is doing. Hopefully no one uses him and his business crumbles. Sorry that you lost the car

BlackGTX

Post by BlackGTX »

using lies and deception to guide you into releasing the car to him

connorj19

Post by connorj19 »

Sounds like the garage needs a visit from the " boys "

scrappy1382