SOLD 1982 1800 GTi

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
shavhead

SOLD 1982 1800 GTi

Post by shavhead »

IMG_2056.JPG
Model: Scirocco Mk 2 GTi 1.8
Year: 1982
Mileage: 80,000 -ish
MOT: 10 months
Current owner: shavhead
V5 present: yes
Price: £700
Contact Details: 07979516035
Additional Information: Silver in colour, with a later plaid interior. More sought-after single wiper. Took this in part exchange, about 6 months ago - the previous owner had it for many years. Loads of history included. I took it for an MOT - it went straight through with no advisories! I have never driven it other than to MOT it. Bodywork is quite TATTY - bumps and scratches as would be expected for its age, and some surface rust in places, but nothing serious as it passed the MOT.
Good points: lots of old MOTs, stainless steel filler neck, large bore, non-standard exhaust, front top and lower strut brace, GTi front headlights, tinted rear lights, set of alloy wheels - not sure the exact name (but no doubt some of you will know this information!) - but I do know that they would have been fitted alongside a Karmann body kit, and were advertised on the Karmann body kit advert, to be fitted to a non-body kit car. (This car does does not come with a body kit) I was going to re-paint the car, but I have just too many projects on the go right now, and need to down-size. The engine seems strong, but could do with a starter motor, also noisy bearing. Priced at £700 - if I break it I will easily achieve this for the bits listed above - but it seems a real shame as the car is basically sound and would make a great project.
Pictures attached.

Pictures:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MikeH
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 1982 1800 GTi for sale

Post by MikeH »

Bargain. If I didn't have too many cars already I'd be all over this. More pics might help to sell it, but a sound early car with an MOT for £800 with a few good bits on it is a steal.

1992 Scala ABF - SOLD
1989 Scala track toy. Dormant
1986 GTX - Lunar mileage but still a good un
Mk1 Classic Touring Car Project...slowly does it
1984 1.6 GT Project. 69k In progress
1.6GL. 2 Owners, 60k. SOLD
1.6 GL - 100k miles -Back on the road!
whiteshark

Post by whiteshark »

All great mods, screaming for a paint job. Fair play as most people would break this. Somebody grab yourself a Billy Bargain. Tempted myself but the earliest I could get to pick it up would be August! Great retro looking motor, post some pics of the interior, rear lights and exhaust and someone will snap her up.

shavhead

Post by shavhead »

Thanks for the good comments. I think I've priced it about right.
Really struggling to post pictures, as internet here is shocking.
I can text photos to anyone who sends me their mobile number - as not relying on home internet connection.
If you would like pictures, please let me have your mobile number.
Vehicle must go very soon, if someone wants to make an offer, minus some of the extras, I am sure we can come to some agreement.
Really don't want to break this if possible, as I don't even have the room to store the parts.
Thanks.

shavhead

Post by shavhead »

Need this gone soon so £500,or the car gets the chop

DJPremier

Post by DJPremier »

I so want this. But no storage and two old VW fellas already. However, trying to tempt my daughter. She likes a vintage VW. Only just passed her test though..

Shiny Metallic Brown MKII Storm
SumDarkPlace
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by SumDarkPlace »

I only registered on this forum looking for some advice with my girlfriend's mk3 R, but now I really want this!

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

This is a total bargain.
If I had the space and the cash I'd be grabbing it and despatching to Ant at the Grotto.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
T33stat

Post by T33stat »

Could you get more pictures? any particularly bad rust? rear valance, arches, scuttle ect... Thanks

Mk2 1.8 GT2 Project - Aubrey

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19331

MrsMender

Post by MrsMender »

Hope Hywel doesn't see this !!!!!!!

GT Matt

Post by GT Matt »

MrsMender wrote:Hope Hywel doesn't see this !!!!!!!
Nothing that a quick PM wouldn't sort 8-)

GT Matt
1988 Mk2 GTX
windstorm

Post by windstorm »

hi buddy, could you send me some pics of the car please, or any rusty spots and could you send me a postcode please by text so that i may get a quote for transportation, regards Andy 07930 887209

SumDarkPlace

Post by SumDarkPlace »

This is now my new project :D

Good to meet you, Shavhead, and letting us poke around your Aladdin's cave!

Drove home beautifully, didn't miss a beat. Tomorrow will begin stage 1 - an epic clean, followed by some serious list writing and parts ordering!

Thanks again, I'll start a project thread when I can get some bits done.

shavhead

Post by shavhead »

This is now sold, to a great guy and his partner - and it looks like they are going to restore it, which is exactly what the car deserves, and just what I had hoped for. It would have been a travesty if it had been broken up for parts. Both the buyer and I think it was a bargain, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I have also received a message this morning from the previous owner of 20 years, and he is delighted that the car will be back on the road, and I'm sure he will be happy to talk to/ advise the new owners if they require. I hate selling cars, but the new owners made it easy to part with this one, as I know they will love and appreciate this early mk 2.
Sadly I needed this one gone as I had to make room for my new car.