Head lights.

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Dazfx
fill in the right answer: 15

Head lights.

Post by Dazfx »

So going to convert my 1985 mk2 from the standard head lamps to the head lamp with spot light set up.
I have aquired the parts from forum members monzajake and everlust ( many thanks )
I just have a few questions. If I can't get hold of headlamp adjusters what size nut and bolt can be used?
And wiring?? I haven't looked but my car has the grill with the separate removable grill space for spots but my question is, is the wiring for the spots there? I haven't had a chance to look yet.
Any help greatly recieved.

mr.brown

Re: Head lights.

Post by mr.brown »

The wiring should be there.

*sorry, was talking crap before. The inner beam lights are powered by a feed off the main headlight's main beam wire and an earth. So, even if the wiring isn't there it's pretty easy to add it. And also do what Marcus suggests below.

Little_bro

Post by Little_bro »

You can use mk2 golf headlamp adjusters. If your going to twin lights I would be interested in buying your single lights and grill blanks or can swap you my twin lights fit yours ;-)

marcus
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by marcus »

If the wiring isn't there, it would probably be simpler to do a relay conversion, then the existing wiring simply activates a feed from the battery via a relay, and you run two high-beam wires to each side rather than one.

1985 GTL 1.8

Member number 928 (wish I had one)
Dazfx

Post by Dazfx »

Can I not use my original lamps for the conversion?
Will happily sell you the grill blanks once I have the conversion in.
Thanks for helping a noob.

Little_bro

Post by Little_bro »

Yes you can use your original a lights. The inner lights im sure are high beam only. So if your going to convert them to fogs then you will need to keep the high beams on your outer headlamps.

marcus
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by marcus »

Wouldn't make sense to have fogs that high up, the idea of fogs is that they're mounted low to project under the fog to illuminate the road rather than the fog.

1985 GTL 1.8

Member number 928 (wish I had one)