Nuts & bolts.

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
jimmyconway
fill in the right answer: 10

Nuts & bolts.

Post by jimmyconway »

I'm looking to change the suspension nuts, bolts & washers, front & rear. I spoke to the parts department at my local dealer & was suprised to hear that they wanted over £45. Baragin, not.

Also the rear bolts are now obsolete.

So my question is does anyone know of anywhere else that sells them? Getting nuts aint too hard to find (local hardware stores) but the bolts are. I've seen the camber bolts sets on ebay (seller chubnut9999) which are cheaper compared to VW dealer prices but other than that I know nothing.

?

It's gonna be a good summer.
GTXTRA

Re: Nuts & bolts.

Post by GTXTRA »

chubnuttt............is actually GPC - they get access to dealer stock when dealers having clear outs i understand. usually guaranteed to be the original kit at least.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
jimmyconway

Post by jimmyconway »

Ah nice one. Dealt with them before (very helpful), never thought of asking them.

markh
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by markh »

Sean, there's a local place called Threadwell ( if I remember right) in Porthill, they're dead cheap, and have always had stuff in stock when I've needed bolts and fittings. Obviously not front camber bolts tho.

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !
jimmyconway

Post by jimmyconway »

Where's that mate? I've been all over Stoke trying to find some M12 1.5 pitch nyloc nuts today without success :dash:

markh
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by markh »

If you come up Porthill Bank, go past the turning for my place,and keep going to the roundabout, straight over and down to the end of the road where you come to a cross roads (theres a TV repair shop on the right) Turn right at the cross roads, and Threadwell is about 100 yards on the left. Its a small shop in a row of terraced houses,if you get to the newsagents,youve missed it. Thinking about it , it may be called Threadfast or something similar !

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !
jimmyconway

Post by jimmyconway »

Yea found it. Not open on a Sunday :(

It's called Barfast. Will have to go tomorrow after a wee trip to Aberdeen :pilot: