'89 GTX

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
Boumsong
fill in the right answer: 10

'89 GTX

Post by Boumsong »

Still a fair bit left to do. It needs carpet and a boot lock seal, possibly a lock. The clutch needs adjusting up as getting into gears is a bit tight. I also fancy swapping the short springs for a set of coilovers so that might happen around crimbo time. Then it just needs a wash!

2k Painter and Powdercoater
MikeH

Re: '89 GTX

Post by MikeH »

Paint looks good - have you resprayed it?

1992 Scala ABF - SOLD
1989 Scala track toy. Dormant
1986 GTX - Lunar mileage but still a good un
Mk1 Classic Touring Car Project...slowly does it
1984 1.6 GT Project. 69k In progress
1.6GL. 2 Owners, 60k. SOLD
1.6 GL - 100k miles -Back on the road!
Boumsong

Post by Boumsong »

It has had a respray last year. Though i'll be going over it again myself in the spring as I'm not happy with it in a few places.

Boumsong

Post by Boumsong »

Little update from mois.

Rear wheel cylinder decided to failure massively last wednesday on the way home from work. M1, 65mph is, downhill into traffic with no brakes was not a massively pleasent experience. Its had new cylinders, shoes, cables and drums as a result. I powdercoated the drums in the same blue ive been doing all the little pieces. I quite like it.

While I was out to play, fitted the new cambelt cover too. Again painted in the same blue, this time its a high gloss 2k rather than powder. One of the welders at work likes to play with pinstriping in his spare time so over a 10 minute break at work he doodled on it.

Just had a quick wash. My method. Rinse with water. Wash with Wilkos car soap and a sponge. Rinse with water. I did get right under as far as the exhaust tunnel in an attempt to keep as much salt off it as possible. I dont want this one to rot away.

I'm hoping to get it into work sometime early next year and repaint it. Its had a home brew job as somepoint in the last year by the previous owner..Its glossy enough but its a bit pimply and theres a nice sag on the bootlid swage line. Also, where they've not properly wiped it down prior to painting there are little inclusions which are starting to discolour. I think i'll be going over it with a commerical poly-extra 2k rather than real car paint though.