8v Carb & 16v Fuel Injection

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
AndyRocco
fill in the right answer: 15

8v Carb & 16v Fuel Injection

Post by AndyRocco »

Hi all,

This may seem like a stupid/ridiculous question to some of you, but here goes......

Can you convert a 1.8, 8v carb engine to a 16v Fuel injection? I'm completely new to all this and as ever
Have a million and one ideas in my head!

Many Thanks :newbie:

Bonusrocco
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 8v Carb & 16v Fuel Injection

Post by Bonusrocco »

No 16v head wont go straight on to your block. It might be easier to just scource a good 1.8 or 2.0 16v block & head from a mk2 or mk3 golf/corrado.

I'm currently half way through doing this. My advice would be to find a mk2 golf 16v donor car.

So many plans, so little time
jim91

Post by jim91 »

Mate did 1.8 16V with bike carbs, goes like stink! It's now in for sale section if you wanna save yourself the work :hi: :hugegrin:

whiteshark

Post by whiteshark »

I'll vouch for this car. Belter and absolutely goes like stink. Lotta lotta car for the money and very clean example.