"Lights On" Buzzer

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Junglist
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: "Lights On" Buzzer

Post by Junglist »

So does 36 work or what? And where's the best/easiest/cheapest/quickest place to get one? And what if relay 7 is the intermittent wiper as stated above? Come on people - share your successes/failures to help each other out! I ALWAYS leave my lights on.

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage
gayle

Post by gayle »

i agree.anyone tried it yet?

boycott shampoo.demand real poo.
PeteGLi

Post by PeteGLi »

walkinginperu wrote:I've got relay number 36 - but slot 7 in my fuse box has my intermittent washwipe relay (19) in it. Is there another rleay slot i can use to put the buzzer one in?
Your intermittent wash wipe relay should be in position 10 - which is bottom row, 3rd from the right.

PeteGLi

Post by PeteGLi »

Position 7 - which is bottom row, 1st on the left - is the fog light relay position, so as it is part of the lighting circuit, it makes sense that the lights on warning buzzer relay would work in that position.

DT1

Post by DT1 »

According to this http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE1.html position 7 is also connected to the parking lights:

7 Fog Lights
1 Main Fusebox Ground
2 Main Fusebox Run Power
3 B20
4 Headlight Switch Pin 58 (Park. Lights)

I usually end up with one of the sidelights on after I've parked and I was indicating at the time. Hopefully this means that this works with only one light on.

I'll find out when I get mine, I ordered one from VW after I saw this thread.

Junglist

Post by Junglist »

So what's the answer then? Where do I get this relay that makes a pleasant ding sound when I leave the lights on? And how much will it set me back?

Tornado GTII: Koni, Flo-flex, Girling, Weber, K&N, Powerflow, Goodridge, ASA, Yokohama... to fit: stainless 4 branch.
ImageImage
PeteGLi

Post by PeteGLi »

Junglist wrote:So what's the answer then? Where do I get this relay that makes a pleasant ding sound when I leave the lights on?
The answer is in previous posts - Dealer, Ebay or Breakers.
Cost will obviously differ between the three.

Junglist

Post by Junglist »

Yes but if someone posted the dealer price, I could decide wether to go breaker-rummaging or just buy direct depending how expensive it is. Never mind, I'll find out for muyself, then I will share my findings since no-one else will.
:ire:
:hugegrin:

ImageImage
Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

£16.63 from Audi dealer, including VAT.

They're on back order from the factory at the moment, so no definite ETA on them.

Hope that helps :D

Junglist

Post by Junglist »

:yahoo: Certainly does! Woohoo! Yesss! :yahoo: :hugegrin:

ImageImage
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I've been trying unsuccessfully to find out which passat they were in.
I presumed B3/B4 era - anyone know?

Octavia elegance kombi TDI
Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

When I phoned Audi, they asked which model of car it came from... I just said "Audi 80" and he was able to give me a price. Dunno if that helps?

DT1

Post by DT1 »

If you ask VW they say that it only comes up with a transporter (description is the same).

They will order it though.

Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

Mine has arrived at my local Audi dealer... so a lead time of a week. Now to go pick it up... SWEET :D

Junglist

Post by Junglist »

Once fitted, will you please post all the results? Cost, type of noise you get, ease of fit. any problems/issues, what part number to order from Audi, etc. Thanks mate. I've still not found one at a scrappy.

ImageImage