Boot struts

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
unknownmale
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Boot struts

Post by unknownmale »

Blueshark wrote:The lid makes quit a nice lever you will be surprised.

Joost
Fitted them today, couldn't even compress the old ones when I took them off. I guess because of where they're attached you're right! Quite the leaver!

- David
Blueshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Blueshark »

:pilot:

G Beats
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by G Beats »

the edmundator wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:00 pm Plenty of people have been happy with http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-struts.

They seem to have cocked up my order - I don't think they could handle the extra complication of an order for a Golf and a Scirocco at the same time.

You also have to be careful which way round they've attached the connectors, as invariably they are the wrong way round (easily fixed as they unscrew).
Not anymore I have not long got this company to make a pair for sally and where made around the wrong way . A awful company to deal . Would not recommend this company to any one .

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.