mk1 scirocco lowering suspension compatability

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
giblets
fill in the right answer: 15

mk1 scirocco lowering suspension compatability

Post by giblets »

hi,
does anybody know if mk1 golf lowering suspension or just springs will fit onto my mk1 scirocco, my friend has some spare and i feel i may have more interest in my car for sale if i lower it and put some nice wheels on it.

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: mk1 scirocco lowering suspension compatability

Post by the edmundator »

The whole suspension is compatible.

I think you might get more interest in your car if you get together some better photos that properly illustrate the condition of the bodywork - which is the most crucial bit when buying a mk1.

You might also find that you need to revise your expectations of what it's worth. £3000 or thereabouts is the going rate for a completely solid (no rust at all) Storm/GTI with a long MoT and good service history, in generally very good condition inside and out. Something solid enough to get an MoT, but a bit scruffy might make £1k-£2k depending on exactly how scruffy and what the history/mileage etc is like. Everything else is well under £1k.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
giblets
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by giblets »

yes, i see what you are saying about better photos but i want people to come and see for themselves . i have dropped my price to £2600 but chances are i would never be able to buy another useable scirocco with good mot and tax for this price again. £2600 for a car that demands so much attention from all age groups.
i have had all sorts of classic cars but this one seems to turn more heads.It seems that the mk1 sciroccos on ebay have mots expiring or no mot at all and still make £2000+, so i suppose it comes down to its worth what someone is willing to pay.
Thanks for the info on the suspension.

tobyio

Post by tobyio »

the edmundator wrote:
You might also find that you need to revise your expectations of what it's worth. £3000 or thereabouts is the going rate for a completely solid (no rust at all) Storm/GTI with a long MoT and good service history, in generally very good condition inside and out. Something solid enough to get an MoT, but a bit scruffy might make £1k-£2k depending on exactly how scruffy and what the history/mileage etc is like. Everything else is well under £1k.
I disagree on these values but i respect your opinion. Show me a completely solid no rust at all storm gti for 3k and i will snap buy it and many others would to, they dont even come on the market! That im aware of theres only been 5 or 6 mk1's with MOTS on the market this year non of which i would say have no rust at all. If i had a mk1 storm/gti with absolutely no rust then it would have had loads of work done and be worth paying at least 5k maybe more to a buyer imo

You're right about a quality advert, that is crucial to selling or people traveling to view