trying something different now. ;-)

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
mk2moo

Re: trying something different now. ;-)

Post by mk2moo »

Today iv had some fun smoothing....not, gets a bit tedious after a while. Im having thoughts of deleting the rear lock and installing a boot pooper to givd it a very smooth bum. Got no pics of any smoothing i done today they will be here tomoz. Iv finished smoithing the front valance got it etched and stone chiped. Had to knock out a dent as well from the bottom. Anyway the result.

Col
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Col »

cant wait to see the finished thing. you always see smoothed and de-bumpered mk1 golfs, but never sciroccos.

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

That was my thought bud. Im going to have to mod its bum though to get rid of the bumper recess to give it a curved bum. Need to get few quotes from body shops to see how much they will charge to do it.

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

Been a bit busy working recently so not had time to get much done. I have nearly got all the boot done just need to get it into primer then paint and also attacked the roof.

Tailgate

Cpt Custom
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Cpt Custom »

mk2moo wrote:also attacked the roof ...
Looks good. :good: How did you go about it in the end?

Image 1987 Alpine White Mk2 GT Lily
mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

Not much has happened recently been working and trying to find a better job. Also been having fun driving my friends shed of a mk1 golf around. God the thing is rattly and nisey. I have been doing a lot of body prep to get the car ready to be sprayed, just need to source a dekitted pass wing and few other little bits. Iv been playing around cleaning up the headlamps and brackets, also received a 2nd hand filler neck off Markh. I have grinded and sanded down both the fuel neck and the light frames. They have been coated in acid etch, stone chip then a nice coat in satin black. I hte seeing rusty light frame when opening the bonnet. Also bought a mk2 golf grill to get cutting and moulding to fit the scirocco front perfect. Going to have the face on the car by Friday so scrap men stop asking if they can have it lol

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

I have now got my paint on order. I am keeping with the original brilliant black, la9v paint code.

I have also been sorting out a grill. I did want to try something a bit different but to be honest didnt like any ideas i photoshoped on. I found a mk2 golf bonrath grill on retro rides and set getting it to fit.

i just need to finish shaping it and file and sand it ready to be painted the body colour.

Thats all folks

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

Stuck bits onto yhe front to get an idea of the look. The bumper is a mates mk1 golf bumper. Just put it on to get it out of the car.

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

Woop paint turned up today. Just got to roll arches, weld up boot lock hole and maybe get the body mods dome that i wanted. Iv attacked the underside of the bonnet and got rid of bbubbling and rust. Going to give it a good sand all over then it will etched, stone chip sprayed and sprayed.

wassell

Post by wassell »

im so damn jealous :(

cant wait to get mine all welded and painted. just need to find someone to help me do it, havent got a mig anymore or the place to do it. :ire:

does the mk1 golf bumper fit okay? id quite like to fit a set of the mk1 chromed bumpers, or even the black ones. think they'd look better than the rocco ones.

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

I havent got the rear one but iv asked my mate if he could pop it round so i can try it. I am also thinking of using them if the back fits. And through the winter make up some fibreglass covers. So they look like small bumpers. And will also fit thw indicators on thw front like on golfs and polos. Think it would look rather good.

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

I tried my mates rear bumper but it doesnt fit right. The front fits all good but need some m8 bolts. Not sure what to do need to look at my options.

Anyway thought id try get a bit of cleaning up done before work later. As im working on thedoors backwards i thought id attack rust on rear valance. I think i got there at the perfect time as it was minor surface rust that easily came clean after the grinder.

Just shoved some acid etch onto it so its got a bit of protection.

i will be stone chipping the rear valance bottom half like i did with the front valance.

Liam

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

Right changes to the plan again. Im now keeping the spoiler and bumpers. Iv thought about what i want and thinking of juat selling it when finiahed and getting something more powerful our of the.box. Maybe a.corrado vr or 16v. There will still be moda done on thus. Such as.the roof no side repeaters, maybe put a shark fin arial on the roof. The arches are also flares and a bit of a diff style to usual. The interior ia going to be retrimmed in half leather. Door cards will have the cloth bit changed. Thinking of going cream inside to.go against the black. I may do.a few other touches such as heated seats, electric windows etc. I have just had a goos think and thinking of getting something bit more what i eant out of the box. Updates with pics etc tomoz.

P.s. Sorry if there are a few spelling mistakes, im on my phone on my lunch break at work.

wassell

Post by wassell »

ah man, thats a shame. if this came up for sale i'd snap it right up if i didn't have my rocco already.

mk2moo

Post by mk2moo »

It is a shame but im just looking at what i want to do and could get what i want out of a corrado. It will save me money and get what i want. will be up for sale around march next year. Goin to have full respray, leather retrim, and getting running perfect, things i can do myself and not cost too much.