Mk1 Storm Pos sale

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
theboysmiffy

Mk1 Storm Pos sale

Post by theboysmiffy »

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some feedback from the rocky experts on here. I have a Mk1 1979 Scirocco Storm. It is silver green with black leather. Just over 100,000miles on the clock. I have owned the car for three years and the previous owner bought it new from VW in 1979. I still have the original bill of sale and also the advert from the local paper before he bought it, along with a huge folder of receipts and brochures. The first owner was a very fastidious gent and waxoiled the car from new including the engine bay, floor pan, chassis rails and inner doors. He also claimed that he never drove the car in the rain. This car is totally standard and original; it has never even had a radio fitted. This car is almost perfect. There is only small bit of rust is on the bottom of the doors and this is barely visible when the car is washed though it would definately be something a new owner would address to make it perfect. The car is a 1600 manual on a V registration. I said to myself that I would never sell this car, but this is a car that should not be driven through the winter and a such is too much of a luxury for me. I believe this is such a good car that it should be preserved as standard immaculate example of the breed; it would be so sad to see it modified. I am posting this to gauge response and to try and work out the value of the vehicle. I am based in the North East of England. I will post photos as soon as I get my camera back though I am quite sure you all know what it looks like! I look forward to your replies.

ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Mk1 Storm Pos sale

Post by ianaudia4 »

Hello Mate, I could be interested. Give me a PM with your phone number.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
jxp
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by jxp »

Sounds like a cracking car mate. Looking foward to seeing it.

Ian....how many cars do you want ha ha....Oh and I stil not had mine into the bodyshop yet... :crying:

1985 MK2 Flash Silver GTX 1.8 8v
2002 Passat 1.9 TDI 130BHP
ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by ianaudia4 »

John, get it in there mate. Do you fancy a run up to Bigger on the Sunday of the Bank holiday weekend? Me and Tony are going up so far, it's a good show.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

This sounds like the kind of car that will make exactly what it's worth if listed with no reserve and a low start price on eBay (reserves put buyers off bidding and high starts stop people getting interested in the first place).

MkI values are fairly fluctuant at the moment (as are mk.2 values, to be honest), but excellent, original cars with good provenance will always command a good price. I'd imagine somewhere between £2000 and £4000 for a car like you describe, which is quite a big window but shows the variability in the market these days.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
theboysmiffy

Post by theboysmiffy »

Thanks for the response. I would rather not put it on ebay as I would like it to go to someone who will treat it as it deserves and I know thats more likely to happen on here. It took me nearly two years of pestering to persuade Malcom to sell me his pride and joy! It really does deserve a good home and if money was no object it would have one with me. I haven't ever owned a more genuine car and want the next owner to appreciate that value. I'm under no pressure to sell it and would happily wait for the right combination of buyer and price. I will post some pictures before the week is out and they will be honest and show the lower doors and also any bits people want to see.

FuzzyEdges

Post by FuzzyEdges »

Why is my wallet twitching?

It's nice to be nice.
RoccoGuy

Post by RoccoGuy »

the edmundator wrote: I'd imagine somewhere between £2000 and £4000 for a car like you describe,

or £8000 if you are a member on edition38.