kr exhaust manifold

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

kr exhaust manifold

Post by monzajake »

Has anyone got the above exhaust manifold fitted to a 6 studded mk1 golf gti down pipe ?
Dose it fit ? anyone tried
Any clearance issuse's ?

cheers

lenny125
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: kr exhaust manifold

Post by lenny125 »

My Bro tried the 16v rocco one to a mk1 golf down pipe and the stud pattern is bigger, so it was no go with that. I am not sure about the golf 16v manifold, but I would of thought there is not too much difference.

big nick

Post by big nick »

you could make it fit by getting a mk2 golf gti downpipe, cutting the flange off, and welding it tol yr mk1 golf downpipe....bit of a convoluted way of doing things, but it would work...

do I really want a carb'd valver? answers on a postcard...
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

Stud pattern and gasket are different, as already said, so you need the hens teeth Scirocco one, a tubular conversion job, or make two downpipes into one (1x Mk2, 1xMk1).

There's a Mk2 16v Downpipe on the Mk2 golf I broke. The resonator box is starting to go, but the flange and upper end are good. You can have it free, but it's at Silverstone, and I won't be there for about 10 days.

1992 Scala ABF - SOLD
1989 Scala track toy. Dormant
1986 GTX - Lunar mileage but still a good un
Mk1 Classic Touring Car Project...slowly does it
1984 1.6 GT Project. 69k In progress
1.6GL. 2 Owners, 60k. SOLD
1.6 GL - 100k miles -Back on the road!
Storm

Post by Storm »

i cut the 16v one off and made it fit the scirocco down pipe but its abit to small in size to get a good flow rate
then take it down to the local tube place you can then to remake the pipe work in bigger tube worked for me and was cheaper then a 421 stainless down pipe

monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by monzajake »

Cheers for the answers chaps. just pondering a few things at mo