help with tuning my weber

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Rocco Ben
fill in the right answer: 10

help with tuning my weber

Post by Rocco Ben »

so me and my dad got the weber on this sunny morning and all went fairly well :) (we also took pics as a dummies guide to coverting, should be posted soon :D )
anyhoo once we got sorted we found the carb was constantly hunting and the revs were fluctuating quite a bit.
now for the big Q. can anyone point out the idle adjustment?

an help would be great.
Cheers

the edmundator

Re: help with tuning my weber

Post by the edmundator »

That sounds more like a mixture problem to me... and if it's variable I would have thought you have some kind of vacuum leak somewhere or something like that, so the amount of air getting in is not steady.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Rocco Ben

Post by Rocco Ben »

i see...
me nd my dad are gunna have a look tomoro. so fingers crossed

cheers

ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by ianaudia4 »

Good luck mate,

Any problems contact Colin at Addington Motors 0191 2761900, he is a good bloke and damn good at VW's.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
lukey

Post by lukey »

areet dude the idel adjustment screw is at the front on the right hand side, its the one with the spring between the head of the the bolt and the carb. sounds like its the mixture to me. Have you tried changing the air/fuel mixture? :chill:

james butler

Post by james butler »

yeah i had simmiler probs. you have to make sure theres no vacuum leaks. mine was leakin at the manifold to carb rubber gasket. these are available at volks bits pershore road or look em up on the net.you will need to get the mixture sorted out by someone with a gas analyser ie at an mot garage/ tuners. the mixture screw on the dmtl 32/34 webers is on the front at the very bottem on the left. the screw with a spring on it is the idle screw.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!