mk2 Golf door mirrors ?

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Adastra84
fill in the right answer: 10

mk2 Golf door mirrors ?

Post by Adastra84 »

quick question, :scratch:

I'm considering changing the door mirrors for some "different" ones, that are being sold ( :ebay: ) as fitment to a Mk 2 golf. anyone know if the fitment is the same as the rocco? dont realy want to order them and find it's going to be a mammoth job to fit them.

Only guy i know with a Mk 2 won't let me take his mirrors off to check :nerner:

any info greatfully recieved.

TIM

Mars Red 92 GT2 (broken)
Blue metalic 91 GT2 (Work In Progress)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen 1971
Gilb666
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: mk2 Golf door mirrors ?

Post by Gilb666 »

It's been a whle since i had a Golf, but iirc the triangle-y bit that goes against the door is a different shape so wouldn't fit directly

Never taken the mirror off of the Rocco, so affraid i cant tell you if it has the same 3 bolt fitment as the Golf does, but i'm sure someone else will know that bit