valver on twins...rad clearence?

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
richieA
fill in the right answer: 10

valver on twins...rad clearence?

Post by richieA »

hey people! been away a while!

Is anyone running a valver on twin-carbs, mines in and not too far off! however went to mount the rad yesterday and there are major clearance issues...there's less than a few mm between the cowling and l/h carb! also any ideas what rad may fit? with equal (better yet more) cooling but a lower profile, so i can mount it under the front c/member?

cheers! i'll stick some pics up when i get chance! :D

weber'd valver :D
Mike the Founder

Re: valver on twins...rad clearence?

Post by Mike the Founder »

my VR has a radiator from metro in it ( i kid you not ) with slight modification on the pipes... :-)

Mike Simcox
'The Founder'
Mk1 Vr6 - MCA Sports - Renault Van... :-)
monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by monzajake »

You get the standard rad to sit under the front panel. Along the crossmember is a range of holes theres on the passenger side which is a bit further back than the rest. Sit the rad mount in there and then you need to drill a hole on the drivers side. When you do this you do need to lift the front panel up slightly for rad to slip under.
Or you can also do the above but use the correct mounting hole on the passenger side for the rad and then angle the drivers side ie under the front panel.
Just dont go mad or you will have to extend the top and bottom hose's....

I'll see if i have any photos later on tonight of mine..

monzajake
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by monzajake »

This is the only one i got, but it should give you a little bit of the idea im talking about.

richieA

Post by richieA »

cheers guys ive been told by a friend whos runnin a mk1 goof with the same engine/carb combo that the best way to go is bmw m3 cause its low profile twin core and wide so it wont disrupt airflow to the carbs and still cools well!

but im gonna try a mk3 rad cause theyre not far off the rite size :)

I'll keep you posted
:dash:

weber'd valver :D