Introduce yourself

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
rob_neale

Hi.

Post by rob_neale »

Hi all

I used to be a member of the previous version of the register forum which seems to have been transformed into this one - now catering for the new scirocco enthusiasts which is nice.

I've owned 2 sciroccos in the past the first being a silver 1984 GTS model (LHD import from germany) really nice car that one, with the 1781 engine and the 2 stage carb. - nice when it ran properly which wasn't often to be fair :)

I then purchased my second scirocco in 1996, that one is actually up for sale now as it happens, the old 1978 Ancona blue Mk1, a brilliant car it was about 20 years old when I bought it but only had 41000 on the clock. I added a further 40000 to that with no problems at all - a reliable car saw me through many trips to europe; eastern france, germany, belgium - and never let me down. Sadly had to sell recently due to growing family and no time to devote the TLC required to re commission the old motor... hope it goes to a good home the mechanicals are sweet but as with most MK1s the bodies are a pain in the.

I'm hoping to buy one of the new sciroccos soon. They are even selling a new model in almost the same colour as the one I sold. I'm sure it won't have the same soul as the original but it won't have the rust issues either so hey I can live with that! Just have to wait a while for the prices to drop a bit (or a win on the lotto!)

look forward to seeing the new posts. Let me know if there are any questions on the Mk1/2 I may be able to help (or at least sympathise...)

Cheers - Rob.

RussT
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by RussT »

Hi all,

Russ here. I've had my red '89 Scala K-Jet, all original, (I think) for a year now, breezed thru the MOT, but the fuel pump's got noisy, which is why I've been snooping around here (I found a helpful thread, which I think tells me it's the in-tank lift-pump).

I had a black '86 GT in 2000, but it caught fire & was a write-off :-(. I then had a mk2 Golf for a few years, but it just wasn't the same. Now I'm loving the Scala & feel at home again! ;-)

I was 'spotted' rolling off a ferry in Le Havre, Normandy, over the Bank Hol weekend by a nice chap in a '77(?) 911, claiming to own two fine Sciroccos (track 'n road), who told me about the register across the queue of traffic, so Hi to you too & thanks for the heads-up!

I'd add a photo, but I'm a complete forum novice & haven't yet worked out how! :-)

Russ

FuzzyEdges

Post by FuzzyEdges »

Hello,
I've posted a bit already, but haven't introduced myself properly yet. I spent a little time lurking as I was looking to buy a Scirocco to rekindle my misspent youth.
I have owned 3 Sciroccos in the past, the first one when I was 18. Two of the three cars that I owned in the late 80s/early 90s are on this website.
Thanks to a member of this forum I am buying a MKII that I owned in the 90s. How chuffed am I!!!!!! :hugegrin:

It's nice to be nice.
jimmyrocco21

hi guys im new here

Post by jimmyrocco21 »

hey guys i just bought my first rocco yesterday for £690 and its a wee beauty. its a 1.8 8v. body work is mint and so is the interior. but engine bay needs a clean up. i have been a corrado owner ever since i started driving 4 years ago. well apart from my golf mk2 8v and my 1972 moonraker bay camper. :hugegrin: . anyways great forum guys and hope to sponge loads of usefull info of uz guys :hehe:

ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: hi guys im new here

Post by ianaudia4 »

:hi:

Any pictures mate?

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
jimmyrocco21

Post by jimmyrocco21 »

yeah i will post them once i figure how to put pics from my phone onto the computer

Dr. Dub

Post by Dr. Dub »

Welcome along. :good:

And yes, we LOVE to see pics on here.

Currently without a car (long story)
Previous rides. 2x 89 Scirocco GTs & 84 Storm
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Welcome :hi:

Get some piccies up so we can all have a look :yup:

VW Scirocco 16V GTX, Kamei X1 and a half
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Welcome :)

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

jimmyrocco21 wrote:hey guys i just bought my first rocco yesterday for £690 and its a wee beauty. its a 1.8 8v. body work is mint and so is the interior. but engine bay needs a clean up. i have been a corrado owner ever since i started driving 4 years ago. well apart from my golf mk2 8v and my 1972 moonraker bay camper. :hugegrin: . anyways great forum guys and hope to sponge loads of usefull info of uz guys :hehe:
nice collection, welcome!

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Thainoodle

Post by Thainoodle »

Hi I was a member on the old forum but stopped using my scirocco due to the purchase of a corrado (boo) but last sundays purchase of a gtx has re-ignited my passion of all things scirocco like..

Hope to meet some of you at the meets next year :chortle:

chadwick

Post by chadwick »

Evening all,

I've had this car for about 3 years, but she looked pretty terrible up until very recently. I bought her for £700 and since then she's been fixed up by Kent VW (and a lot of money). Last week I picked her up after a complete respray...

I'm in East Kent - hardly see any Sciroccos around here, (about 2 in 3 years). Bizarrely as I was taking these pictures this afternoon, a fellow Rocco owner drove past with pictures of his own on his mobile phone!

:beers:

Ruth

:hugegrin: :hugegrin: :hugegrin:

I know, all I need now are some tidy wheels...

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Talk about a small world. I'm originally from ramsgate (noticed the marina) and been using john and the guys for over a decade. Down there on Saturday getting the bandit retested

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
chadwick

Post by chadwick »

Hi,
You were also the kindly soul who delivered the window mechanism to John for me a few months back!
:buddy:

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

I used to fish in Ramsgate harbour when I was a kid, a few years ago!

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)