Poly bushes

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
andyneedham2
fill in the right answer: 10

Poly bushes

Post by andyneedham2 »

Hello.

I'm looking into poly bushing my wishbones, I think the rubbers are on their way out. I just wanted too see what you all thought, brands, prices, places to get them. And if I should do anything else at the same time...? I'm really strapped for cash so wouldn't mind knowing of any good prices.

Cheers,

Andy

GTXTRA

Re: Poly bushes

Post by GTXTRA »

Serial Rocco-ist.........
andyneedham2

Post by andyneedham2 »

thanks, also are the parts the same as a MK1 golf. There are more listings for golfs than rocs...

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

andyneedham2 wrote:thanks, also are the parts the same as a MK1 golf. There are more listings for golfs than rocs...
yep, most running gear applicable between mk1 golf and both mk1 and 2 sciroccos.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
andyneedham2

Post by andyneedham2 »

Great. Thats me sorted then. I just wish I could afford to do the whole car while I'm at it.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Andy

Ian Carvell

Post by Ian Carvell »

GSF do whole car kits for the MK1 Golf that fit the Mk2 Rocco.

I think they are around £65-£70 and have all of the wishbone bushes, ARB bushes, Engine mounting bushes, gearbox mounting bushes, rear beam bushes etc Very good value!

I used them in my Mk2 Golf GTI racing car and they are fine!

andyneedham2

Post by andyneedham2 »

oh nooooo! I just bought a set for my wishbones, front and rear. To be honest...at that price, I'll probably buy a set in the near future and overhaul the whole lot.

Many thanks,

Andy

MrP

Post by MrP »

Ian Carvell wrote:GSF do whole car kits for the MK1 Golf that fit the Mk2 Rocco.

I think they are around £65-£70 and have all of the wishbone bushes, ARB bushes, Engine mounting bushes, gearbox mounting bushes, rear beam bushes etc Very good value!

£50+vat from my GSF... Although he always gives me trade becuase I've been in every week for 2 years!! I don't know if thats a good or bad thing :swoon:

PeteGLi

Post by PeteGLi »

MrP wrote:
Ian Carvell wrote:GSF do whole car kits for the MK1 Golf that fit the Mk2 Rocco.

£50+vat from my GSF... Although he always gives me trade becuase I've been in every week for 2 years!! I don't know if thats a good or bad thing :swoon:
If they are the red coloured bushes, they are very hard and can be too harsh for some people, vibration wise, on a road car.

andyneedham2

Post by andyneedham2 »

My ride is pretty rough as it is, with the knackered bushes on! I'll have to see how the new ones fair up.

Thanks for all the help guys, I should really think about re-doing the whole lot at some point.

Andy

Ian Carvell

Post by Ian Carvell »

Mine were £50ish quid aswell trade, so I was guessing at £65ish retail.

They are fine on vibration...I use them on the road no problem at all.