Rear lower valance Mk2

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
alscoob
fill in the right answer: 10

Rear lower valance Mk2

Post by alscoob »

Noticed that the metal section behind the body kit is rotted in places, especially over the exhaust pipe. Is it possible to get the metal rear valance any more?? & where from.

Thanks

the edmundator

Re: Rear lower valance Mk2

Post by the edmundator »

Check out the VW classic parts website (online shop for German customers only, but you can order from them by phone or fax). They've added some stuff recently, inc quite a lot of body panels.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Nate

Post by Nate »

i bought one from atp a few years ago, they also crop up on ebay every now and then

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
alscoob

Post by alscoob »

Thanks guys I'll have a look...

Cpt Custom
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Cpt Custom »

Don't forget to look on ebay.de too as it sometimes seems there are often more Scirocco bits on there than here in the UK.

As a guide, based on what I paid for a pucka NOS item I bought through the Register last year and what I've seen them go for since you can expect to pay around a £100 for an unadulterated NOS part. Any less than that you've probably got yourself a bargain.

An alternative might be to try and get one off a car that's being broken, but given the work involved there you might prefer to hold out for an NOS panel.

Happy hunting! :beers:

Image 1987 Alpine White Mk2 GT Lily
daveyheats
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by daveyheats »

Rising this thread from the ashes, as my rear valance is utterly knackered too. Having checked VW's german parts website, no luck on there. Don't suppose anyone has come across one of these recently for sale?