Is my exterior paint correct to the interior style?

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
frlrubett
fill in the right answer: 15

Is my exterior paint correct to the interior style?

Post by frlrubett »

Recently brought "The Scirocco" sales brochure from ebay to have a read and there is a section in the rear about the Scala and the interior styles they came with.

I have a Scala with a Sapphire Silver paint coat and Lasky White interior including door cards. Is this marriage correct? The brochure says the Scala Silvers came with Dove Grey interiors.

This will lead to the next question... does anyone have a Dove Grey interior forsale?

GT_II

Re: Is my exterior paint correct to the interior style?

Post by GT_II »

Do you have the original data sticker with all the factory colour, trim and option codes? You would normally find one stuck to the paintwork in the boot and another copy in the original service record booklet. If you are lucky enough to still have it, if you upload a copy, somebody might be able to identify the trim code.

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Your car would have the grey seats from factory so I guess someone has changed the interior at some point.

Do you like the white seats and interior and is it in good condition, if so keep it as finding a good condition grey set maybe tricky as the newest set would be 28 years old..

You may find someone with a grey set in a white car and they may swop with you.. ?

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Aardent

Post by Aardent »

Certainly check the option code stickers but it may have been a choice by the first owner...

'84 Storm-Cosmos Blue...
'83 GL Single wiper
'90 Merc 500 SEC
plus a couple of daily's
and a few classics on reserve !
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

What year is your car as things did chance over the years...

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
frlrubett

Post by frlrubett »

mark1gls wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:36 pm What year is your car as things did chance over the years...

frlrubett

Post by frlrubett »

GT_II wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:06 pm Do you have the original data sticker with all the factory colour, trim and option codes? You would normally find one stuck to the paintwork in the boot and another copy in the original service record booklet. If you are lucky enough to still have it, if you upload a copy, somebody might be able to identify the trim code.
Do not have the original service book but can check the boot and see, where about is it usually?

frlrubett

Post by frlrubett »

mark1gls wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:33 pm Your car would have the grey seats from factory so I guess someone has changed the interior at some point.

Do you like the white seats and interior and is it in good condition, if so keep it as finding a good condition grey set maybe tricky as the newest set would be 28 years old..

You may find someone with a grey set in a white car and they may swop with you.. ?
ha, my set is pretty good - bolster is fine. I do like the grey interiors though...

GT_II

Post by GT_II »

I think it's usually stuck to the boot floor under the mat but could be on the inside of the rear panel

frlrubett

Post by frlrubett »

GT_II wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:09 pm I think it's usually stuck to the boot floor under the mat but could be on the inside of the rear panel
thanks

RoccoJimbo

Post by RoccoJimbo »

The I.D sticker is usually found on the rear panel inside the boot & has paint code/ trim code etc printed on it. What colour fabric is on the insert on your front door panels?
Where are you situated? I may have front & rear seats in grey with 'designer check' pattern on the seat centres & front door panels with grey inserts. I will have to check them condition-wise as they are wrapped up but stored in my shed(my sanctuary).
I'm South Birmingham

1990 Tornado Red Scala.
frlrubett

Post by frlrubett »

RoccoJimbo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:01 pm The I.D sticker is usually found on the rear panel inside the boot & has paint code/ trim code etc printed on it. What colour fabric is on the insert on your front door panels?
Where are you situated? I may have front & rear seats in grey with 'designer check' pattern on the seat centres & front door panels with grey inserts. I will have to check them condition-wise as they are wrapped up but stored in my shed(my sanctuary).
I'm South Birmingham
My door panels annoyingly are white also - but they have the switches in for electric windows. A former owner I think had replaced the whole interior but didn't manage to find white manual window door cards.

I am London, but I am often coming up the country for work. Would be nice to run the car up to Birmingham.

frlrubett

Post by frlrubett »

This is what I have found in the boot!

GT_II

Post by GT_II »

The label confirms your car is an early 1989 model with paint code LY5V - Saphire metallic - and Interior code 19 - Dove grey - as in the brochure:

http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/history/uk/1989/

frlrubett

Post by frlrubett »

Ah great thanks.. WANTED Dove Grey interior now...