Leaks and door seals

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
rosie
fill in the right answer: 10

Leaks and door seals

Post by rosie »

Can't face another winter of wet seats and feet so I'm trying to get various seals replaced while the weather's good.
Judging from other threads on the same subject I'm looking at an expensive boot seal from VW Heritage, and two really expensive door seals from Vintage Rubber in America.
VW Heritage do a special order on the door seals for £144, or the USA ones are $110. Does anyone have any experience of buying from Vintage Rubber? I'm just wondering whether the shipping and customs and weak pound mean they'll end up costing more than VW Heritage in the long run?
I'd be grateful for any advice please guys. My husband will cry when I tell him how much door seals cost :-o

My sunroof leaked for years but has been permantly sealed for a year or so now (fingers crossed). I hoped that would solve all my problems but I've noticed my seatbelt always feels damp when I pull it out, and now the passenger one does as well. I found a couple of holes in the roof under the trim but mending those hasn't helped. The boot is definitely leaking so I guess water could be travelling forwards from there, but I wondered if there was any specific reason for wet seat belts that other people have tackled in the the past?

11 years of wet carpets! Enough is enough!

1992 GTII 1.8 black
Brighton
Running it into the ground
GT_II
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Leaks and door seals

Post by GT_II »

If you buy from USA, you will need to pay 20% vat and around a £10 handling charge to the courier (except on goods valued at less than £15 including postage & packing). So with shipping costs and delays, it's usually more cost-effective to buy from within the EU. After 31 October, watch this space...!

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
Mark H
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Mark H »

Joost has door seals for a lot less

Mark

Alpine White
VW Scirocco GT2 (1991)
Membership Number 1296
scrumpyone

Post by scrumpyone »

Tailgate seal £12.95 posted. As listed in Skyrocket.

Dave

Register No:1110
'79 MK1 GLS (R.I.P.)
'91 MK2 GT2 (alive & kicking)
Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

I have a set of door seals, the inner ones and they are €.60,00 each.

The raingutter seals I have for €.40,00 a set.

Shipping would be €.16,00.

Contact me through Scirocco53@ziggo.nl and we can work it out.

You could also check my Facebook parts page 'Scirocco Delen Eimers' and see what I have.

Joost