New Project

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
si1856
fill in the right answer: 15

New Project

Post by si1856 »

Hi all, it’s been a while but happy to say I’ve got another Rocco.
It’s a Green GT2. Looks straight and I think I got it for silly money (£500). Can’t wait to get it back on the road. Is this Dragon green? Any spares etc that people have knocking about would be good to know.

essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: New Project

Post by essextom »

love a green gt2, good luck with the project. probably best to write a list of parts you need, i have a fair few and there are a number of other people with hoards.

james butler

Post by james butler »

si1856 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 am Hi all, it’s been a while but happy to say I’ve got another Rocco.
It’s a Green GT2. Looks straight and I think I got it for silly money (£500). Can’t wait to get it back on the road. Is this Dragon green? Any spares etc that people have knocking about would be good to know.
good to hear youve got a rocco
i am pretty sure it wont be dragon green but pearl green best way to check is in the boot there should be a label stuck to the inside of the slam panel with a paint code on it.
see if you can find it and we can tell you for sure.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
scirocco_ne

Post by scirocco_ne »

Was this the one on car and classic, i looked at it and thought it could make a good shell :) '

si1856

Post by si1856 »

Hi, yes it was. Got it running this weekend sounds a bit clattery but not run since last year. No smoke on start up though and has been converted to a Weber. Lots of bills, last one from the boys @ the Phirm. Will try and mop it back to get ride of some age marks. Few clips on order for the seats. Overall not bad. Yes it’s not a direct replacement for my Mars Red Gtx but it looks lovely on the drive. How can I add pictures?

scirocco_ne

Post by scirocco_ne »

si1856 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:23 pm Hi, yes it was. Got it running this weekend sounds a bit clattery but not run since last year. No smoke on start up though and has been converted to a Weber. Lots of bills, last one from the boys @ the Phirm. Will try and mop it back to get ride of some age marks. Few clips on order for the seats. Overall not bad. Yes it’s not a direct replacement for my Mars Red Gtx but it looks lovely on the drive. How can I add pictures?
Sounds like a nice buy, any corrosion?

I am regretting missing this haha

si1856

Post by si1856 »

Around the door handles and rear inner wing within suspension area. Other than that the arches are clean and no inner corrosion. Needs some Tlc which is my aim short term at least

si1856

Post by si1856 »

Well it’s up and running well. Sorted the seats and freshen up the ignition. Changed the top gasket and general spruce. Does anyone have a drivers seat tilt handle and surround? These would just finish the inside off

DannyH

Post by DannyH »

there's more than one tilt handle and surround?

Danny
si1856

Post by si1856 »

Its a 1989 GT2 and its the Tilt forward lever on the side of the seat and the surround around it. I presumed 1 from other models or even Golfs would fit. If someone could steer me or has them let me know and i will DM. I will also check out the parts for sale :ok: :ok: :ok: