Introduce yourself

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
VWChris101
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by VWChris101 »

Thanks guys for all the welcomes. much appreciated. Been a busy week this week. I'll see if i can get some initial pictures that the guy who I bought it off sent me. I'll do that in Projects.

Thanks again. I look forward to being part of the Forum.

C

Mk3GTS

Post by Mk3GTS »

Hey everyone...

I’ve just joined and there’s some great forums and topics.

I’m pretty new to Scirocco. I’ve only had mine since Sept. 2017 from brand new. I have the GTS model in Deep Black. I am absolutely loving it. I have included a few pics, however I will take some more now I’ve blackened the tires with McGuiars which I was recommended.

Anyone out there living in my part of the country? I’m in West Sussex.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Village Idiots
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Village Idiots »

Welcome to a really friendly and helpful group.

eefy

Post by eefy »

Welcome to the Scirocco Forum fella :)

Mk3GTS

Post by Mk3GTS »

Cheers guys. Thanks for your welcome :)

Jack92
Site Admin

Post by Jack92 »

welcome to the forum buddy, Im not to sure whos up your way if im honest but there is bound to be some people lol

Jack
South East

VW Scirocco Scala MK2 1.8 Inj
Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk
WreckTangle

Post by WreckTangle »

Hello everyone. My real name is David. I joined last November when I bought my first Mk2 Scirocco, a 1991 GTII Auto. It has needed a bit of work to get it running reasonably well and there are still some things to do. It has 85k on the clock and has had 16 previous owners. I think it may have been passed on frequently because of on-going fuelling problems, now hopefully sorted.

Work done so far: new fuel filler neck and fuel filter, overhauled air intake and vacuum hoses, second-hand replacement rear wiper motor, new set of correct OEM wheel nuts, replaced rear boot lock seal.

Work to do soon: oil, coolant and ATF changes, replace rear brake drums (one wheel nut won't torque properly), replace ProSport coilovers with something more nearly OEM.

A couple of pics below.

Image Image

Great forum BTW. I've already made use of some of the wealth of information here.

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Welcome WreckTangle, looks like a nice tidy car you have there. :good:

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Jack92
Site Admin

Post by Jack92 »

Welcome to the forum David :-) best colour Car [emoji4]

Jack
South East

www.motorsportdiscounts.co.uk
Seat Leon 1.8T 20V - Track Car
VW Scirocco Scala 1.8 Inj - Toy
Ford Transit 2.0 - Work Horse

Jack
South East

Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk
the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

Jack92 wrote:Welcome to the forum David :-) best colour Car [emoji4]
I had no idea that "best" and "worst" had become synonyms. I can only assume this is similar to when "sick" started to mean "amazing."

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Hello to all,

Just joined the forum. Username SimonB, Real name Simon B... surprisingly. :-D

I have a Mk2 GTX currently sat in the back of my workshop awaiting some tlc... which i really need to get around to. Trying to give myself a kick up the butt to get started by buying some spares for it every now and again.... currently not got much further than stripping the trim out of the interior.

Anyway, hoping that joining here will give me some inspiration and motivate me to finding the time for it..... as i'd love to be cruising to the nationals in it soon.

Simon

97 MK2 GTX Project - Build thread started finally! http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/carfo ... 19&t=22110
68 Beetle
04 Beetle
the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

You've got the best part of four months, it only needs to be driveable. Be good to have another GTX out and about.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Jack92
Site Admin

Post by Jack92 »

Welcome to the forum buddy. As ed said you’ve got 4 months haha only took me 4 years for mine and it’s still not done haha

Jack
South East

Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk
rattyscala

Ratty Scala...

Post by rattyscala »

~Hey - new to the forum.

bought my Scala in faded red after rescuing it after it had been parked up under a tree for 6yrs.

Its an ex track car with lots of internal goodies (race cam, race head, 4 branch etc) running a weber 34 and now vernier pulley. Its sat on some very silly 17's, bonnet pins, and was mechanically rebuilt by me and my son for a wacky rally.. although since we bonded with it.. we kept it. Has vented drilled discs up front on green stuff pads, bigger servo with lowered coil-overs.

Its painted with blackboard paint and the local kids draw on it with chalk.. i took the back seats out to make it into a semi-camper for last christmas - boarded and carpetted it and put a 12v outlet in the back.

I don't care what purists think.. this was destined for the scrap yard and it was saved.. and its mine. Ill upload a pic of her if i can..

Would be good to chat to some like minded people - i'm after a rollcage and any performance parts such as zorst, elec fuel pump, polly bush, lower brace. Will be gong back to polished snowflackes shortly.

this is a car for life so anything it needs.. it gets! Its a proper daily with some roofbars that are pretty rubbish (sell me some better ones?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moser

Post by moser »

Welcome to the forum rattyscala. I think you’ll find the majority of people here just enjoy seeing another Rocco still driving so good on you! If every scirocco looked the same life would be pretty dull! Mine currently looks like turd but it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, sit in it or even look at it

91 Scirocco Scala - Too low for MOT ramps apparently
03 Seat Cordoba PD130 - Daily
52 Golf 1.6 - Mrs' shopping trolley