Car Shipping companies

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Lukeh17
fill in the right answer: 15

Car Shipping companies

Post by Lukeh17 »

Hi all,

Due to some personal reasons, I need to move back to the UK from Germany before Christmas. However the car struggled driving back from the UK recently and I'm not sure if I will have time to sort it. I've tried to look for companies that do shipping or will bring the car home but struggling to find one. Can you guys recommend any?

Thanks

unknownmale

Re: Car Shipping companies

Post by unknownmale »

Have you looked into just hiring a car transporter and doing it yourself? I'd prefer going that route personally.

Otherwise I think shiply.com and uship.com are probably the best route, transporters bid quotes, have feedback etc

- David
Lukeh17

Post by Lukeh17 »

Yes, I did think about doing the car transporter. I've also thought about hiring a van, which my belongings can go into and then a trailer on the back possibly as well.

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by the edmundator »

Try Melvin at www.flyingbluedog.co.uk - he's reliable, does a good job and will travel internationally.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Lukeh17

Post by Lukeh17 »

Thanks buddy :)

mr.brown

Post by mr.brown »

Lizard Logistics - a ClubGTI member who often brings back 'Ring failures.

Lukeh17

Post by Lukeh17 »

Thanks Mr. Brown, Melvin from flyingbluedog put in touch with Alex at lizardlogistics. Good to know that he has a good reputation, definitely think I will be using him!! :-) :-D

monzajake

Post by monzajake »

Lukeh17 wrote:Yes, I did think about doing the car transporter. I've also thought about hiring a van, which my belongings can go into and then a trailer on the back possibly as well.
Just a heads up.
Check your driving licence to make sure you can tow. 94 95 the law changed with the licence and some things where removed.

P.s saw your car at you mums n dads a couple of weeks back. Trust all is well. :good:

Lukeh17

Post by Lukeh17 »

monzajake wrote:
Lukeh17 wrote:Yes, I did think about doing the car transporter. I've also thought about hiring a van, which my belongings can go into and then a trailer on the back possibly as well.
Just a heads up.
Check your driving licence to make sure you can tow. 94 95 the law changed with the licence and some things where removed.

P.s saw your car at you mums n dads a couple of weeks back. Trust all is well. :good:
Hi Jake,

I've got the car booked in with lizard logistics and he will be bringing the car back for me. Yeah she seems ok but I think there is some ignition problem. On my arrival back to Blighty I will be do a thorough investigation. At the moment got too much on to really go out and have a look!!

How's yours going?

monzajake

Post by monzajake »

Cool.
Clocked it under cover other day and said to be better half your back ! Hope all is well.

Mines going fine. She is now a proper garage queen undercover and clean.. Not much use tbh.. lol..
Must all get together for a Christmas meet and swift one.

scrappy1382

Post by scrappy1382 »

sounds good to me

Scirocco Shane
84 cosmos blue storm - mafia car choice 2015 rip :-(
84 Havanna Brown Storm - 8-)
Lukeh17

Post by Lukeh17 »