Wet Wet wet mk2

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
chrisdevon
fill in the right answer: 15

Wet Wet wet mk2

Post by chrisdevon »

Read quite a few threads on leaks, but...
behind my drivers seat gets very wet, I park facing up hill so don't think its coming from the boot area. Not sure if it could find its way from boot anyway..? though I do get water in from one rear light I think.
I don't have a sunroof so bit puzzled, any ideas...
previous owner replaced the door seals, so probably not that, and its a fair bit of water..

fingers crossed.

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Wet Wet wet mk2

Post by the edmundator »

Any grommets in the bulkhead, make sure the plastic film inside the doors is intact and stuck to the door, possibly the windscreen.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
e732lkv

Post by e732lkv »

Hi,
If the interior floor is very wet, normally it is the front windscreen rubber seal that fails(rain water, car washing)
Normally it is best to go to a windscreen center and ask them to reseal the the rubber seal both outer and inner sides all round, it is normal to use about 2 to 3 tubs of the sealant to get the job done properly.
I had National windscreens do the job on my Scala 8 years ago, I payed £30.00 for the work.
The car is dry inside all year round regardless what weather we have.
Hope this helps.

chrisdevon

Post by chrisdevon »

Found problem, thanks to below topic
- Leak into passenger side rear footwell. Any ideas? -

Rain was puddling in the rain tray especially perhaps when parked on my steep driveway. Water was then getting in through heater blower housing in to footwell, always passenger side for some reason.
Sealed better around heater fan, cleared away a lot of old leaves and twigs. and drilled a couple of holes to help..

So far so good..