Contender for the Oldest/Most Original Mk1 in the UK?

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
rapier3a

Re: Contender for the Oldest/Most Original Mk1 in the UK?

Post by rapier3a »

I had sold it, but the guy who bought it never took delivery and is moving abroad so is now trying to sell it to someone else.

Reverend Frog
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Reverend Frog »

That car will be mine one day, it is written in the stars. pity i'm moving to London next month....

Previously owned:
1988 1.6 GT
1989 1.8 GT
1982 1.6 GTI
1993 Corrado VR6
automotive_m-j

Post by automotive_m-j »

Hi,

That's my Scirocco shell for sale http://sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/carf ... ?f=3&t=862 , its still available, I have had a lot of time wasters and dreamers after it but if anyone wants to make me a sensible offer im all ears.

Cheers

M-J 07966292899

fourmk1s

Post by fourmk1s »

This red mk1 TS is the same colour as mine but i wish mine was this original and clean.

It is simply stunning.

Makes me more determined to get mine sorted and returned to its former glory.

1974 Scirocco TS ,1978 Scirocco GLS, 1980 Scirocco Storm, 1981 Scirocco Gti.
Reverend Frog

Post by Reverend Frog »

No idea why this car popped into my head seven years later, but did a DVLA check today and it's been untaxed and with no MOT for a couple of years. Hope it's not been handed over to some Hyundai dealer as part of the scrappage scheme. That would be a traversty.
Also thought that in the sad event the owner has died, I hope his relatives realise what they have on their hands.

Previously owned:
1988 1.6 GT
1989 1.8 GT
1982 1.6 GTI
1993 Corrado VR6
whiteshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by whiteshark »

I have a friend that's a delivery driver for Yodel. He was always mentioning a guy up that direction with a lovely mint Red MK 1 and got chatting to him quite a lot, as he was part of his route. He told the owner of the MK1 that he had a good friend with a Scirocco that would love to get a drive in it. The last time I inquired about the car, it was part of the scrappage scheme. Hope its not the same one. Ask Jim, as he probably knows the owner and where it currently is.

Reverend Frog

Post by Reverend Frog »

whiteshark wrote:I have a friend that's a delivery driver for Yodel. He was always mentioning a guy up that direction with a lovely mint Red MK 1 and got chatting to him quite a lot, as he was part of his route. He told the owner of the MK1 that he had a good friend with a Scirocco that would love to get a drive in it. The last time I inquired about the car, it was part of the scrappage scheme. Hope its not the same one. Ask Jim, as he probably knows the owner and where it currently is.
That all sounds very ominous Phil - scrappage scheme. How much did they give an owner of an old car? Certainly not the 6 or 7 grand this could surely command?

Previously owned:
1988 1.6 GT
1989 1.8 GT
1982 1.6 GTI
1993 Corrado VR6
whiteshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by whiteshark »

Standard £2000 pay out.