Car Hoover

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Lukeh17
fill in the right answer: 15

Car Hoover

Post by Lukeh17 »

Which hoover do you guys use to clean the car with? We have a maxi vac but have lost the nozzle so can't really use it. Don't want to spend a lot of money... on Ebay I have seen them for sale in China & Hong Kong but don't trust those. Which ones do you use?

Cheers

mr alpine92

Re: Car Hoover

Post by mr alpine92 »

just use house hoover job done

bluestreak56
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by bluestreak56 »

+1 we have a car hoover but its small, loud and fills up quickly with lack of suction. As above get the Dyson in there.

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

Yes, household cleaner with a good selection of crevice tools. I'd look at hand-held/cordless household vacs if you want something a bit less bulky or without a cable - they're probably better engineered and/or less expensive.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

The car vacs I've used which are power by the cigarette lighter all have been rubbish.
Nothing better than a Dyson.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
james butler

Post by james butler »

cant beat a Henry,
comes with all the attachments that make cleaning the rocco a doddle and the bags are cheap off amazon.
Dyson are ok as long as you have the right one, i had a Dyson animal and the hose came/extended out of the handle and was constantly pulling the vacuum into the car body work whenever the nozzle was pressed hard into the carpet. every time the nozzle came into contact with a hard surface the consatina pipe would pull itself together, the missus had it do this whilst cleaning the stairs and the vacuum pulled itself off the landing and down the stairs.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

james butler wrote: . every time the nozzle came into contact with a hard surface the consatina pipe would pull itself together, the missus had it do this whilst cleaning the stairs and the vacuum pulled itself off the landing and down the stairs.
This is why you put the vac at the bottom of the stairs and work you way up, your wife was lucky it did not take her down the stairs along with the vac. :stop:

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
james butler

Post by james butler »

mark1gls wrote:
james butler wrote: . every time the nozzle came into contact with a hard surface the consatina pipe would pull itself together, the missus had it do this whilst cleaning the stairs and the vacuum pulled itself off the landing and down the stairs.
This is why you put the vac at the bottom of the stairs and work you way up, your wife was lucky it did not take her down the stairs along with the vac. :stop:
yeah she only ever did that once.

the henry also has a really long pipe so you can clean the car pulling the pipe through to the other side no problem.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
eefy

Post by eefy »

Henry hoover over here as well :)

Nate

Post by Nate »

Best I've ever had is an asda own brand cylinder vacuum. Add to it a long flexible crevice tool (search ebay 331576658682) and a vax turbo tool (air powered beater bar) and it does the job spot on for under 20 quid

12v ones that I've tried have all been crap

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
Lukeh17

Post by Lukeh17 »

Thanks for the responses, it does seem a strange (obvious question) but interesting to see what people use or recommend as the one I used was good to get into the parts you couldn't reach well but it would get very hot quickly!!!