Jetex twin

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
rocco robin
fill in the right answer: 10

Jetex twin

Post by rocco robin »

Ok I know this is a popular system but want to get a bit of feed back before I dive in and spend
So here we go

Do you have to cut the rear valence or bumper to get the twin to fit nice ?

Is the exhaust tone to loud or does it sound nice

Would really like some helpful feed back please jetex wernt very helpful at all

Cheers

eefy

Re: Jetex twin

Post by eefy »

Hey Robin, take a look at my build thread-

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9163&start=45

theres no cutting needed but it is very tight and you;ll need a poly hanger to stop it hitting the valance. It took my mate a time served mechanic several attempts to fit it so it wasnt clunking about!!!!

concerning the sound, failry loud and throaty particulalry under load. When your cruising over say 3000rpm's it quietens off a little, love mine :) if your heading over to Alltypes in a few weeks you can take a look and have a listen :)

whiteshark

Post by whiteshark »

I've a kr fitted with a Dubpower Manifiold and Jetex wide bore. It wasn't an easy fit and took a few attempts. My mechanic insisted in helping me and we spent a Friday afternoon and stayed behind after five to get the job finished. I had poly bush mounts but ended up using standard. The hardest part is getting it to clear the rear axle so if I was doing this again I would start from the back. Once you get the rear box to clear the rear axle line up the rest. If you have somebody to help
you it really quickens the job, somebody to line the bits up, and somebody to tighten as you go along. The rear valence does not need cut unless you have one of the more unusual GTI valences. They're not loud and have a good tone. My car is now a lot quieter with it fitted and combined with a four branch the acceleration range is great. Use your membership to get discount at CR.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

All I run these days - one lasted 9 years on the Scala and apart from the nice sound the quality made me go for one on the two GTX cars too.
Then got a small diameter for the Mk1 too.

Check Roxylife project thread - he didn't like the tailpipe and welded an OE lookalike tailpipe to the rear box.

C&R or Tuningwerks = best places to buy from and both can be found in the discount lists on forum/website - viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1438

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Roxylife

Post by Roxylife »

Pics won't be in the build thread! I moved all my pics into a different folder in my photobucket and it wrecked all the links! So I gave up!

The Jetex fitment isn't 'great' and upon cutting the tailpipe to get rid of the twin tip I also discovered that the actual diameter of the boxes pipe work is not 2.5" but 2.25" with a larger 2.5" pipe welder to the face of it. Which is quite disappointing.. :?

I went for it as it was pretty much the only off the shelf option. However in time I'll be getting a custom one made up that will suit my requirements slightly better... It will do for now.

Motorsport is my passion.
rocco robin

Post by rocco robin »

Thanks for all your help and advise I love this forum full of great peeps think I might wait till all types and check the fitment and te sound
Thanks agian