MK 1 wiring loom connectors

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
roccoplus1

MK 1 wiring loom connectors

Post by roccoplus1 »

So sorting out the wiring loom for the G60 in the MK1 the wiring loom is long enough to reach the fuse box, so have been looking on line for the round terminal connectors that push in to the terminal blocks that push into the back of the fuse box, has anybody had experience locating these connectors? Thanks.

ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: MK 1 wiring loom connectors

Post by ianaudia4 »

Try the dealers, they may still sell them? I bought a few new connectors for my MK2.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
Nate
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Nate »

Vehicle wiring products will probably be able to hook you up with some

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
chopperoli

Post by chopperoli »

You probably won't have much luck at either of those places, maybe the dealers if they still stock the over-priced pre-crimped terminals.

I remember buying the correct OEM terminals from RS when I put a Mk2 fusebox into my Mk1. There are 2 female terminal sizes you need for those connectors, and male versions to use with various separate individual connectors.

I'd also strongly recommend getting the proper crimp tool (as I have got a spare one I want to sell) and some of these Hazet spring-loaded release tools :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hazet-4671-2-SY ... B001C9XHXK

PM me mate I may have a few bits spare to help you out