1992 GT2 Project

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
Rascal
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: 1992 GT2 Project

Post by Rascal »

Haha ! Cheers guys! And its a Volvo 360 side exit on mini superlites really nice, its my friends so looks age when we go around together!

Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

Awesome build and sooo good when it comes together for its first outing! Top work 8-)

Click below for Rocco build pics
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w114 ... occo%20GT/

insanecreations.net
Rascal

Post by Rascal »

Anther day another problem, well that what it feels like sometimes! The other night the fan belt started to squeak, a lot, so last night I loosened the adjuster nut to tighten the belt, then the whole alternator fell off! Somehow there was no bolt holding the bottom on to swivel on! Then I changed the oil, that wasn't so bad, put it on Ramps, let it idle then turned it off, out with the sump plug, off with the filter (very tight!) then put new filter on, was just about to put the sump plug back in was looking around underneath giving a visual check, and turns out, all the holds on the driveshaft were out 5 threads all loose!!!! So tightened them up, sump plug in, and I think we are all good for now, see what happens tommorrow! Just lucky I noticed it now rather than on my way to England, a little worried there could be something else though!

Charlie

eefy
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by eefy »

Bottom alternator bolt are available from the dealer, I know I've lost 2 in the past, the current one is held in with locktight!!!!!!

Rascal

Post by Rascal »

eefy wrote:Bottom alternator bolt are available from the dealer, I know I've lost 2 in the past, the current one is held in with locktight!!!!!!
Luckily we have stainless ones for sale in our shop so managed to get it fixed, thanks though! will keep that in mind

StuartGT2
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by StuartGT2 »

Rascal wrote:Anther day another problem, well that what it feels like sometimes! The other night the fan belt started to squeak, a lot, so last night I loosened the adjuster nut to tighten the belt, then the whole alternator fell off! Somehow there was no bolt holding the bottom on to swivel on! Then I changed the oil, that wasn't so bad, put it on Ramps, let it idle then turned it off, out with the sump plug, off with the filter (very tight!) then put new filter on, was just about to put the sump plug back in was looking around underneath giving a visual check, and turns out, all the holds on the driveshaft were out 5 threads all loose!!!! So tightened them up, sump plug in, and I think we are all good for now, see what happens tommorrow! Just lucky I noticed it now rather than on my way to England, a little worried there could be something else though!

Charlie
Hi Charlie, Cars looking good! I had the same problem with an Alt bolt original allen bolt fell out on the way to work, managed to get a replacement but wasn't a great fit, not surprised it fell out again.

As for driveshafts, I always forget something :-D I must have made it to Volksfling and back last year with them abit loose aswell, I'd recommend putting them back with Loctite, I'm sure I tightened them up but there a shit idea, never get a bit and socket that fits well enough to know there all tight.

1994 Audi Coupe 2.0 16v
1992 Volkswagen Scirocco GT2
Rascal

Post by Rascal »

StuartGT2 wrote:
Hi Charlie, Cars looking good! I had the same problem with an Alt bolt original allen bolt fell out on the way to work, managed to get a replacement but wasn't a great fit, not surprised it fell out again.

As for driveshafts, I always forget something :-D I must have made it to Volksfling and back last year with them abit loose aswell, I'd recommend putting them back with Loctite, I'm sure I tightened them up but there a shit idea, never get a bit and socket that fits well enough to know there all tight.
Cheers Stuart, still plenty to do! just getting the time to get it done! yeah this ones stayed in so far!

so does everyone!! haha! well its done plenty happy miles so far with me! think it miht need a new fuel tank but the MOT due next week so going to see how that goes! will keep this thread updated!