Introduce yourself

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
go-for-it1
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by go-for-it1 »

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of advice on here.

1990 Mk2 GT2 in Pearlescent green.
2012 BMW 520d M Sport
2013 Golf TDi 140bhp
Member No 1241
GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Krhkev1980 wrote:Ok, hope this is right,
Im kev, 33, from manchester, just about to take delivery of a 1988 Rocco Scala, in white at end of the month. Cant wait, always wanted one, shes completley standard, (for now) im hoping to get some advice in the near future regarding engine mods, suspension, alloys(which need refurb as leaking air) etc, so, hope to talk and contribute to the community in any smal way i can.
Il post some pics as and when i pic her up!
Best regards and merry Christmas.

welcome - a good NW group too for you to convoy to events with.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Krhkev1980
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Krhkev1980 »

Well, things have taken a turn for the worse, no rocco, the person I was buying from has pulled out of the sale , no idea why but that's life, not happy, so, I'll be here as a non owner for the time being, in the mean time, if any of you spot, know anyone selling a good solid clean roc, please let me know. Thanks for the warm welcome too.

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Krhkev1980 wrote:Well, things have taken a turn for the worse, no rocco, the person I was buying from has pulled out of the sale , no idea why but that's life, not happy, so, I'll be here as a non owner for the time being, in the mean time, if any of you spot, know anyone selling a good solid clean roc, please let me know. Thanks for the warm welcome too.
That's a shame mate. I hope you get sorted soon.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
harlerocco

Post by harlerocco »

Hello everyone. My name is Trevor and I have been a Scirocco owner for over 8 years now. My Scirocco was my first car when I was 14 and I still have it. I have poured lots of money and time into it but it's almost where I want it. I live in Kentucky, USA, but somehow came across this forum. I figured I would share and check out some of the builds on here. Hell maybe buy some stuff too!

My build:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... read/page8

Here's how it looked last summer after I assembled it. Of course it's torn apart again :P

scrumpyone

Post by scrumpyone »

Welcome

Nice to see an American Rocco with 'proper' bumpers (oops...fenders).

Dave

Register No:1110
'79 MK1 GLS (R.I.P.)
'91 MK2 GT2 (alive & kicking)
Sjb1108

Post by Sjb1108 »

not been on in a while, due to uni and working and just a busy life in general ....
i come with bad news and good news, bad news being the lupos head gasket has given in :( but that has meant i had to get the scirocco out ;)

She decided not to play nice tho, due to being standing the fuel line was leaking and she wouldnt start ... not sure if this was due to starter motor, immobiliser previous owner had fitted or the starter button they also fitted or just the battery, so due to no time to find the problem and fix this myself i borrowed the mothers turbo diesel and pulled her down to the nearest garage

hopefully she will be fixed, moted and on the road in the next week/ two weeks :)

16v_coupe

Post by 16v_coupe »

harlerocco wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Trevor and I have been a Scirocco owner for over 8 years now. My Scirocco was my first car when I was 14 and I still have it. I have poured lots of money and time into it but it's almost where I want it. I live in Kentucky, USA, but somehow came across this forum. I figured I would share and check out some of the builds on here. Hell maybe buy some stuff too!

My build:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... read/page8

Here's how it looked last summer after I assembled it. Of course it's torn apart again :P

Welcome to the Scirocco Register Trevor :vcool:

88 Scirocco 16v, 1.8 litre PL, L90E
87 Scirocco 16v, 2.0 litre 16v 9A, LY3D
82 Scirocco S2, 2.0 litre 16v 9A, LK5Y
81 Scirocco S1, 1.6 litre 16v EW/PL, LA3V
80 Scirocco Storm, 1.6 EG, L98F, GTG 951W (sold, in PA)

:pilot:
blackwedge

Post by blackwedge »

Hello all 'rocco lovers, my name is Scott from Jersey in the channel islands, I bought my 88 GTX (or the black wedge as she is known to my mates) back in 2008 for 500 quid and she is still going strong. I have had about 10 cars since I started driving but the rocco is by far my favourite one, she is so much fun to drive and is always getting admiring glances. I have only seen 3 other roccos driving around jersey and on one occasion we all pulled into the same pub car park within minutes of each other, none of us could explain it. I have joined this forum mainly to help resolve some technical issues but I spent an hour reading the threads before joining and was struck by the camaraderie and helpfulness displayed . My rocco is a keeper and I plan to keep her running for many years yet. I have attached a photo taken last summer. I will be posting another thread in the technical section regarding a replacement breather hose so keep an eye out for that if you can help.

Cheers

Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Welcome along Scott, this is the best place to come for all things Scirocco.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
scrumpyone

Post by scrumpyone »

Welcome to the register Scott :hi:

Whereabouts in Jersey are you?

Dave

Register No:1110
'79 MK1 GLS (R.I.P.)
'91 MK2 GT2 (alive & kicking)
old_school

Post by old_school »

hi there fellow rockers am Dougie am 28 fae scotland married with kids anyways i have just got me a mk2 GT auto my wie has a mk3 gttdi. i am on other fourms under the same username old_school i have owned meany VWs from mk1 golfs g40 polos caddys old and new list goes on. but my missus got a mk3 rocco 2 years ago its no bad but i like the older cars. last week i bought me a mk2 GT its prob the best car i have ever owned/drove. loving every second of it
heres my rocks lol

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Loving the rims on the Mk3.

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
stys0n84

Post by stys0n84 »

Hi I've just bought bfstrachans' Scala injection. I'm from Cumbria had a few classics before most notable was a '69 Amazon two door that I loved but it had alot of 'speed holes' the best was in the drivers footwell which enabled my legs and feet to get a wash when driving in the rain!

Start off slow and methodical, that doesn't work so shout curse and hit it till it works.

richie2

Post by richie2 »

Hi im new on im richie2/richard ive got a viper green 20 tsi gt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.