Slosstophers Scala

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
Brunty
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Slosstophers Scala

Post by Brunty »

Those wheel spacers were banned by the MSA for a very good reason, I'd ditch them!

Brunty

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Where they really?
I always thought bolt ons were okay?

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
Brunty
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Brunty »

Mr Funk wrote:Where they really?
I always thought bolt ons were okay?
No, they need to bolt through to the hub. Longer bolts, or better still, studs are the way to go.

Fit a lower ET wheel rather than spacers as far as safety is concerned I think, even though IIRC MSA regs allow about an inch spacer.

Brunty

slosstopher
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by slosstopher »

TBH I an going to take them off at the weekend I think.A couple of years ago I was out on a run with a few friends in our Capris and one of them had a "brown" moment when a half shaft popped out of the diff while cornering. At the time our conclusion was that the extra strain from his newly fitted hubcentric spacers were probably to blame and they were removed once he had crawled home.
Thanks for the advice chaps. :good:

slosstopher
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by slosstopher »

Been fighting against the weather this weekend and cant get into my garage due to my other "long term" project Capri. So yesterday was just giving it a good wash and sorting out the other two wheels
Today I put the gazebo up for some shelter but the sleet was pretty horizontal so gave up early. The bump strips on my car are in very a poor and untidy state so I thought I would atempt to remove them especially as one door has it missing altogether.I only got as far as the drivers side rear wing today before my hands stopped working due to the cold and damp.Once removed with a hair dryer and the residue glue removed with tar and glue remover I machine polished the panel with 3M extra fine cut(yellow bottle) and then 3M ultrafina(blue bottle) and the finished by hand with a good polish then a wax so here is the end result albeit only 1/6th of the job actually done :dash:
Other than that the only further progress to report this weekend is the removal of the hucentric spacers from the car and the wheelarch/innerwing areas getting a good clean with the pressure washer and a bucket and sponge.
Sorry for the boring update but at least it is some small progress