Introduce yourself

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
scrumpyone
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by scrumpyone »

Welcome to the gang :hi: whereabouts are you based?

Dave

Register No:1110
'79 MK1 GLS (R.I.P.)
'91 MK2 GT2 (alive & kicking)
Andy K
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Andy K »

Hello!

My name is Andy and I've recently bought an '87 MK2 Scirocco off ebay.. Needless to say it requires a bit more work than the ad suggested... However its now in my garage and i've got a few bits to throw at it! Much to the disgust of my '73 Beetle which has been booted outside into the cold!

Andy

--
'87 Tornado Red Scirocco GT currently in need of a bit of TLC
ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Welcome on board Andy. what type of Scirocco did you buy?

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

As per sig really.. ;)

Its a mk2 GT in Tornado Red with a 1600 EW motor still running (kinda!) on a pierburg carb, all very stock. Body is in pretty good condition, I'll get a pic up soon..

Andy

--
'87 Tornado Red Scirocco GT currently in need of a bit of TLC
go-for-it1

Post by go-for-it1 »

Hi Andy, welcome to the site and Scirocco ownership, I'm over in Blackburn so not too far away.
Rob

1990 Mk2 GT2 in Pearlescent green.
2012 BMW 520d M Sport
2013 Golf TDi 140bhp
Member No 1241
scrumpyone

Post by scrumpyone »

Welcome Andy :hi:

Dave

'79 MK1 GLS (R.I.P.)
rewd53

Post by rewd53 »

Hi everybody, Im Drew (rewd53), I live in merseyside, I've been mooching around for a while :whistle: and figured i should sign up .I bought a Mk2 roc' in september ,She's 1989 1.8GT ,White,genuine 83,000 on the clock, Grey cloth interior, riding on what were polished "le castalets" well she is as we speak .......... ive just bought some hidiously bright wheels..... not to everybodys taste but i like 'em :hugegrin:
pics to follow!!!!!! . When i picked it up it'd been laid up for a couple / few years but was MOT'd i taxed it on the fone and drove it home bout 90 mile @ a steady 60 it performed faultlessly even if the brakes needed using a bit to free 'em off properly any way 3 days pass and the tax arrives so out i go to show my mates "the 'roc"
i get mixed reviews .... i get home only to find my fuel guage is a bit low hmmmmm ok ...... next day i wake to find my car had become incontinent over night and dumped what fuel it had in its lines all over my drive :crying: . So new lines fitted and then she sits on my drive :chill: , till my mk3 Golf GTI daily gets a bit sick and came off the road 3 weeks after getting "the 'roc" :wakey: . Now she's my daily .... after a quick purge of the cooling system the pierburg's auto-choke seems to have sprung into life?????? (car nearly overheated as the alternator shredded its belt in the fast lane :shocking: ) i changed the coolant ,..........Two months on and i still havent looked at the Golf i'e even had a cambelt and water pump fitted to "the 'roc" im havin too much fun in her. Plus, she starts in -7 (all last week and this week) warms up quick, handles like a house fly , gets more looks than any of my previous mk2 golfs ever did and puts just a big a smile on my face when i "Drive" it :pilot: i'm sorry for going on and on but i'm just mental about my 'roc (i was hardcore mk2 golf) and needed to tell somebody lol it puts more modern machinery to shame 23 years old 2-4 years laid up to daily driver after replacing a fuel pipe!!!
I'll get some pics on my photo bucket before i change the wheels and afterwards show the results
if you are still reading thanks, and i aplogise for going on ill sort the pics soon
Cheers
Drew

MK2 Scirocco 1.8GT - "The 'Roc"

"Sell my VW ????? I'd rather shove wasps up my @rse"
ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Welcome along Drew, look forward to the pictures.

scrumpyone

Post by scrumpyone »

Welcome Drew :hi:

Dave

'79 MK1 GLS (R.I.P.)
gtx 1986

Post by gtx 1986 »

rocco body.jpg
engin rocco.png

iam new to all this anyway here goes i have a gtx 1986 p slot alloys in monza blue is in fantastic body and mechanical condition as far as a can see has a full history including origional sales recipt and service and parts and all old mots got it for £600 locally
rocco body.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Risocco

Post by Risocco »

Welcome mate, now that looks like a steal. :ok:

1983 GL
1986 GT
1994 Corrado VR6
rewd53

Post by rewd53 »

wow nice ride hi by the way

MK2 Scirocco 1.8GT - "The 'Roc"

"Sell my VW ????? I'd rather shove wasps up my @rse"
stormchaser

Post by stormchaser »

Hi, Tony's the name. Based in brum.

Got a mk1 golf cabriolet in the garage that i've had laid up for the past 5 years whilst I bought house, got married had a son, etc. Finally getting round to recommissioning it in time for summer next year. 1982, 2 owner genuine 65,000 miles.

Getting to work on it also reawakened a storm itch I had since 1992 when a cosmos blue GTI Engineering RE1900 passed me by. Finally managed to get it cured in December this year. It took 2 attempts mind, and now both Corrado and Scirroco storms sit on my drive. The one you guys will be most interested in is the latter - an eBay bargain at £622! Didn't get chance to see the car before the auction ended, but I thought it was worth a punt. These are the bits that have been replaced in the past 3 years - cam belt, cv joints, alternator, water pump, clutch, battery, EBC pads and disks, goodridge hoses, brake pipes, polly bushes all round, k&n filter & Jetex exhaust. Structurally v.sound with no major problems. Drivers seat needs some attention, but i expected this like all the others i had seen. It had no mot, but the only thing wrong I could find was a vague gear linkage. I have been one very lucky boy! Will be on the road in the next couple of weeks.

Looking forward to meeting you guys in 2013 and completing the restoration of the storm to its full glory.

Cheers.

1982 Golf Cabby GLi - Black
1984 Scirocco Strom 16V - Cosmos Blue
1985 Scirocco Storm Havana Brown
1989 Golf Rallye Tornado Red
1993 Golf Cabby Classic line
1995 Corrado Storm Midnight Blue
ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Welcome Tony, look forward to seeing your Storm. :hi:

Risocco

Post by Risocco »

Welcome Tony, nice to see another local member.

1983 GL
1986 GT
1994 Corrado VR6