Mk2 Sunroof assembly/disassembly

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
bmseven
fill in the right answer: 10

Mk2 Sunroof assembly/disassembly

Post by bmseven »

Hi all
Just in the thro's of trying to A) Make my sunroof work and B) Stop it leaking :hi:

I have searches but drawn a blank so does anyone have any decent pics or is there a disassembly guide anywhere?

It appears that the bit(s) in my wanted post HERE http://www.sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/ ... f=6&t=6964 are hopefully the cause of it not working. I just cant quite fathom how assuming I can get hold of the broken part as to how it goes back together?

Hoping in Anticipation

Tony

ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Mk2 Sunroof assembly/disassembly

Post by ianaudia4 »

Haynes does show a picture. The bit that you have snapped is the tilt mechanism.
Where are you based, there may be someone close to you that could help as it is not the easiest of jobs to do single handed.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
bmseven

Post by bmseven »

Hi Ian

Profile updated with Tiptree Essex, I just cant quite see how it all goes together. I do have a haynes somewhere now where did I put it?

Thx
Tony

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

due to fitting a newly refurbed black sunroof trim i have just disassembled and then reassembled a factory roof using the haynes - it does take a while (three weather interrupted attempts.....) and you do have to be careful/patient.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
bmseven

Post by bmseven »

Home from work & just put my bike away in the garage and found the haynes manual. Surprisingly there is quite a lot of info on the sunroof :hugegrin:
So back to my wanted ad are those 2 parts still available from the stealers or is it a task of trying to find one in the breakers?

Thx
Tony

Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

I was contemplating getting a couple of guide plates made out of steel, I'm mid stripping hte car at the mo' and figured this'd be the time to do it. Save getting the car back together and then having one snap on me.
For anyone that has replaced this part, is it flat plate?

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

If you could wait until the weekend after next I could have a drive up and maybe give you a hand with your sunroof mate, 2 hands and all that!

bmseven

Post by bmseven »

ianaudia4 wrote:If you could wait until the weekend after next I could have a drive up and maybe give you a hand with your sunroof mate, 2 hands and all that!
Hi Ian
Not in any rush as while the weathers good I will still be using my bike and of course I need to source the parts first?

Will perhaps speak to someone about getting them made if I draw I blank in trying to find some

Tony

PeteGLi

Post by PeteGLi »

bmseven wrote:
ianaudia4 wrote:If you could wait until the weekend after next I could have a drive up and maybe give you a hand with your sunroof mate, 2 hands and all that!
Hi Ian
Not in any rush as while the weathers good I will still be using my bike and of course I need to source the parts first?

Will perhaps speak to someone about getting them made if I draw I blank in trying to find some

Tony
And if you are changing the seal round the panel, make sure Ian cuts it the right length :laugh: :laugh:

ianaudia4

Post by ianaudia4 »

Very good Pete!!! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

bmseven

Post by bmseven »

PeteGLi wrote:
And if you are changing the seal round the panel, make sure Ian cuts it the right length :laugh: :laugh:

Measure twice cut once :blush: