questions please help

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
sidewalkdave

questions please help

Post by sidewalkdave »

I may have found my new scirocco but i have a few questions:
Im 6ft6 and fit into my non-sunroof scala fine, but the new car has a sunroof does this effect the height of the roof? if so how much by.
I currently have a scala and this is a gt11 i know theres a power difference but how noticeable is this on the road?
em i think thats it
cheers guys

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: questions please help

Post by GTXTRA »

sidewalkdave wrote:I may have found my new scirocco but i have a few questions:
Im 6ft6 and fit into my non-sunroof scala fine, but the new car has a sunroof does this effect the height of the roof? if so how much by.
I currently have a scala and this is a gt11 i know theres a power difference but how noticeable is this on the road?
em i think thats it
cheers guys
you do lose a little bit of headroom yes - about an inch at tops.
get some corrado front seats, they're more comfortable and sit lower still. bolt straight in.

assuming scala is an injection - you will find it a little less perky in real world driving - 22 bhp difference so its going to happen. having said that i find my gtl - same engine as gt11 and with a 4+e gearbox spritely enough.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
sidewalkdave

Post by sidewalkdave »

cheers for the speedy reply

the edmundator

Post by the edmundator »

GTXTRA wrote:assuming scala is an injection - you will find it a little less perky in real world driving - 22 bhp difference so its going to happen. having said that i find my gtl - same engine as gt11 and with a 4+e gearbox spritely enough.
I have the 4+E gearbox in my 1.8 carb mk.2 Golf and a 1.8 GTII - the 5-speed 'box in the GTII gives better performance but at the expense of less relaxed cruising; the GTII feels notably spritelier.

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Slugga

Post by Slugga »

I'm 6'4" and with corrado seats and sunroof'd rocco, have no problems with head clearance at all.

The extra 2 inches in height would still give you clearance.