Carbon Fibre Panels

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
theboysmiffy

Carbon Fibre Panels

Post by theboysmiffy »

Hi everyone. Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have been looking at ways to reduce the weight of my Mk1 Rocco and have been in touch with a manufacturer of carbon panels. In particular I was looking at the tailgate and bonnet. The company I have been in contact with is CPH Carbon as the quality of their work appears to be very high.

https://cph-carbon.com/

The construction would be full carbon with a soric core. Weight would be in the region of 4kg for bonnet approx and 3kg for tailgate also approx.

If I can get 5 or more orders then they will be £800 each. These are the prices direct from CPH I am not making any money on these. The price for less than 5 number is £1200.
I am happy to supply the panels to make the molds.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I can also get more details if necessary.

Thanks

Adam

GT_II
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Carbon Fibre Panels

Post by GT_II »

Wow, quite a lot of money, but I suppose you can sell the steel panels. Do you know how much weight these would save?

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
theboysmiffy

Re: Carbon Fibre Panels

Post by theboysmiffy »

I would need to weigh them but I would estimate a bonnet at 12kg and tailgate 8kg without glass. So they are probably about a third of the weight. I wish there was a more cost effective solution but as always Scirocco bits are just harder to come by. If anyone has any alternatives I would love to hear them, always up for saving cost!