Just a heads up to anyone looking at this car

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT - follow the simple template, include as much info as possible. NO TRADERS. NO PRICE? thread will be deleted without checking. Using English and Paragraphs always a winner too.
Forum rules
Follow the templates, no ebay link only ads, NO TRADERS. No price? no thread. it's not THAT difficult?
rocco1504
fill in the right answer: 10

Just a heads up to anyone looking at this car

Post by rocco1504 »

Hi

I've not been on here for a while, basically because I sold my Rocco last year.

But I thought I'd just make anyone looking at this listing on Ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Scirocco-G ... 2004790915? Aware of the true details.

I owned this car for over 8 years, 1./ the mileage stated is about 20,000 under what I sold it with, it should be about 110,000, and 2./ it states 1 owner only, I was the third owner and I sold it to a chap from Essex, who I know sold it on, so it's actually had at least 5 owners.

It also had a rather nasty shunt whilst it was parked in a local park, which knackered the steering and bent the NS front wing, and headlight panel quite badly.

I'm not sure whether I should be doing this, but I didn't want anyone buying this without knowing the true form.

'88 Jade Green GTX, Now for Sale
'84 VW T25 Transporter Converting to Camper
bengould

Re: Just a heads up to anyone looking at this car

Post by bengould »

Yes you absolutely should be doing this.
Falsifying milage is a criminal offence for one.
The number of owners can be easily checked on the v5 but by saying it only has one the seller is potentially wasting peoples time, they will find out.
The accident damage while minor could have serious safety concerns if it wasn't correctly repaired.

Hopefully the "details to follow" will address some of the above issues. I.e it had a new dash at X amount of miles so the correct mileage is XXX.

Ben.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Report it to eBay too.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
scrappy1382
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by scrappy1382 »

had noticed the buy it now price had kept changing as have this on my ebay watch list ( i like to know what other roccos go for ) did think it was alittle odd that it hasnt been sold yet at now 2k...

Scirocco Shane
84 cosmos blue storm - mafia car choice 2015 rip :-(
84 Havanna Brown Storm - 8-)
eefy

Post by eefy »

We have to look after our own, thanks for highlighting this its what the Scirocco Register is all about :)

thebrief_1979

Post by thebrief_1979 »

Well done for bringing this to everybody's attention - hopefully any prospective buyer will visit the Register for advice and see this.

1993 MK2 Flash Red GT2 - sold
Mk1 gls - nearly
sciroccogtx
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by sciroccogtx »

To clear up the facts. The car was advertised as having 85k on the clock not on the car! The shunt was fully repaired and not serious enough to be recorded on a hpi, so thanks for putting people off.Also the reason why it stated it had one owner is because i used the same advert to sell a one owner gtx i did own then advertised this one in the same advert and forgot to amend the details. I did state contact me for further information, didnt expect fellow members to jump the gun and make accusations without reading the advert!

Frankly theres only 2-3 gtxs in jade green in the country and im gonna hold on to it, i can assure it wont hit the market again, it will stay in my collection till i drop. Thanks guys, theres some really helpful people in here but also some haters as always.

88 GTX - Jade Green
GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Good that you've decided to keep it Asif. I saw this car when the OP owned it when he needed some headlamp bits and pieces after the minor shunt and it deserved to end up at a good home.

I don't think you can come on here and accuse folk of being haters if the ebay listing was left as vague as it was and with details relating to another vehicle for so long - we're a small community and any GTX will be spotted and talked about when they pop up.

Given both previous owners are/have been forum users it was always going to get flagged up on here - as one of the admins I'd hope people will continue to do the same on other similarly unclear adverts anywhere relating to a known car.

Now that the situation with this car has been clarified for now I'll therefore lock this thread.

Serial Rocco-ist.........