Coilovers or Lowering springs, budget not an issue.

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
frlrubett
fill in the right answer: 15

Coilovers or Lowering springs, budget not an issue.

Post by frlrubett »

Brought this up in another thread. Have been pretty set on eibach springs and bilstein shock absorbers combo which Markgls had mentioned, did some research and there is a lot of good comments about this set up. Before taking the plunge just want to ask a bit more about coilovers.

Lets say budget is not as issue. Can I achieve 3cm+ lowering but also have a good (or better) ride than the Eibach/Bilstein can give? Any experience with systems you have installed would be great.

essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Coilovers or Lowering springs, budget not an issue.

Post by essextom »

i sell a few coilover kits, BC racing and Gaz. i personally have gaz GHA kit on my gt2, it rides nicely and does have top adjustable damping and ride height adjustment. also have an 82 on JOM's, stay clear they are crap. and also have a set of weitec hicon gt's on my 20vt 88, whcih are excellent.

as a comparison against eibech, ive no idea as never driven a rocco with that setup, although a decent coilover setup would give you more adjustments in height and damping.

frlrubett
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Coilovers or Lowering springs, budget not an issue.

Post by frlrubett »

Ok, wil check these out