1.8 8V EX engine High lift cams

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Hyde
fill in the right answer: 15

1.8 8V EX engine High lift cams

Post by Hyde »

Was hoping someone had any information on high lift cams, a website or place I can get my hands on them for this engine?
Thanks

Hyde

mr.brown

Re: 1.8 8V EX engine High lift cams

Post by mr.brown »

The usual suspects - Kent, Piper, Newman - all have various cams with varying profiles.
To get the most out of them you'll need your cylinder head reworked, inlet modified and a decent exhaust system. No to mention a Weber carb and someone to rejet and tune it all when done.

Hyde

Post by Hyde »

Ye all that sorted, have a new weber ready to go on and almost finished porting the cylinder head. Also almost finished making Hydraulic pipe bends to fabricate the exhaust manifold. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

big_wig_074

Post by big_wig_074 »

larkspeed sorted me out with my Kent GS3H 285 cam.